Major Data Problems
Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

What's going on with Verizon data in the Toledo Oh region.  I live just north of Toledo and am told i'm in a 4G zone but i never even see 3G let alone 4.  For weeks, data issues surface later in the evening around 9:00PM EST. It's almost impossible to surf the web.  Very slow and most pages won't load.

Facebook hasn't loaded with imbedded pictures for days and any time of the day.  Facebook always says updating, then i get a popup, "network error".

Twitter doesn't load and update either.  I can use the phone for voice and txt.  I can't send Pic msg either.  Just says, sending.

I have a Strato phone.  When I get in other areas I don't have these problems but it would be nice to be able to use the phone at home.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Major Data Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barryhenn I can understand the frustrations your having with your phone and service not working properly. You should have the best in service in your area and ensuring service is working is our #1 priority, especially with Facebook and Twitter. This is how I communicate with my friends and family. Let's get this working. What phone do you have? I was unable to locate any recently reported issues in your area. Are the issues inside or outside? Did you have these issues with a different phone? Do you power cycle periodically? Are you having any issues with any of your apps? Have you tried to remove the Facebook & Twitter app and go into the Google Play store to readd it? There may be a newer version of the app available. I would also clear the cache and browser history on your phone periodically. That could cause a delay in the web being accessed. I look forward to hearing from you about your issue. I hope the information was helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

There would be no reported problem.  This service has been like this for at least 6 months.  Service during the day isn't bad but never 3G let alone 4G.  I'm getting 3 bars now and around 9:00PM everyday the service really deterioriates. It's almost like clock work around 9:00PM.  The system gets overloaded or something.   I'm lucky to get 2 bars then.  I only cited Facebook and Twitter as I was trying to use those two applications.  Surfing the web is almost impossible too.  It's very slow and sometimes times out before the page will load.

Often times on Facebook i will see Network failure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Barryhenn. Thanks for the update.  That is odd that the data connection diminishes around the same time every night.  What is your zip code? Which make and model device do you have? Please provide additional details so we can continue to troubleshoot.

One thing that I want you to try is to power off the device and remove the sim card. Give it about thirty seconds and reinsert the sim card and power the device back on and test the data connection.  Keep us updated with results.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes