Making Unauthorized Changes In My Account
sabevissia
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today I just found out that two different agents on two different dates this month made unauthorized changes to my account services/features (the paid ones, so yes this was illegal). 

I could not find this out over chat unfortunately as they either did not understand what I was asking or did not care. I did call in and got a supervisor right away from the phone support agent that answered the call for me. 

That supervisor is the one that let me know about the changes, when they happened and who made them. He is requesting the chat logs from those support chats I had where the changes were made without me telling them to make the change. 

This is illegal, you are not allowed to make changes to a customers account that changes the price/plan/insurance without permission and authorization. Two of your agents did this anyways. I would like to speak to a Corporate Customer Retention Agent as soon as possible concerning this prior to moving forward with further actions on my part. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Making Unauthorized Changes In My Account
sabevissia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been in touch with Executive Relations and they have addressed all of my concerns at this time. Thanks for everyone's input up till now. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sabevissia, we can understand your concern regarding unauthorized changes on your account. To clarify, have you spoken with our Fraud Department regarding unauthroized activity?

-Joshua

0 Likes
sabevissia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have reached out to the Executive Relations department. They are currently reviewing and will likely contact me by tomorrow. 

The Fraud department does not handle situations where the person making the illegal changes are Verizon employees unfortunately. I found that out already from them over the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear this is currently being investigated, and there is a scheduled callback for tomorrow. We do appreciate your patience, and we are sure our terma will have any issues addressed. DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
sabevissia
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently who ever they assigned it to was completely unavailable so I am waiting for them to assign it to someone that is I guess. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you've not been contacted by our Executive Relations Team. I can assure you that they are very reliable and it's unusual to hear that you've not been contacted by their team. I apologize. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

However, if you don't feel comfortable providing your account information to us here, please reach out to us through any of the other channels found at  

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
sabevissia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been in touch with Executive Relations and they have addressed all of my concerns at this time. Thanks for everyone's input up till now. 

0 Likes
LuisChrisD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just find out that Verizon changed my payment method from a credit card to my debt card without my permission.

Recently, it caught me in surprise that a deduction was made by Verizon appearing in my bank's checking a/c on 3/9/2022. I know I didn't make such a change, so I went to my credit card a/c and I saw a pending attempt to charge my credit card through Verizon on 3/21 and also today 3/26 (twice), although the amount is $0. 

It's just wired! Plus they charge me so call "International Long Distance calls" thru the using WhatsApp. This month mounts to over $105, and blamed us and WhatsApp's glitch. This company is going to downhill. We are disappointed how they handled these issues.

0 Likes
Slickmetal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you...I have an open case along with some bad customer service - lets see if they right the wrong...They could care less if you switch or even mention it.