Map shows LTE coverage, but keep dropping calls and texts
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a long time Verizon customer. We moved recently and the area shows LTE coverage..

But, since we moved, my iPhone has become almost useless at home.

I have found a couple of spots that seem to be OK, but if I move to much from that spot, I lose calls and texts don't go through.

I asked my neighbors and most of them have switched to AT&T because of the same problem.

I really do not want to switch, but I will if I have to because I need my phone for work.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

I also do not want to by a "Network Extender" as the person in the Verizon store told me was my option.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Map shows LTE coverage, but keep dropping calls and texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scottwmp, we want to make sure you are able to use your phone anywhere we can reach it.  Congrats on the move, its always exciting to move into a new place. What make and model iPhone do you have? Tell us more about the services that are affected. Are there other phones on your account that are affected? What is your new zip?

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response.

I have an iPhone 6. It is the only phone on my account. My new zip is 92026.

I am dropping or just not getting calls. It happened to me on Saturday.

I got a call from someone at work. My phone never rang, but a little while later (probably when I was connected to the network) the missed call and a voice mail showed up.

I was also walking around my neighborhood, not just at home, and it says I have an LTE or 3G connection, but I have no data connection and as a consequence no internet connection.

There are times it works OK (data connection is slow even on LTE) and I can make/receive calls, but I have to stand in one spot when I get a connection and not move.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service everywhere you go is important, scottwmp. Your home is the one place you need it consistently, especially without land line service for most of us. Let's dig a bit further. Do you have roaming turned on for voice and data (Settings - Cellular - Roaming)? Is LTE enabled for both voice and data?
LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Roaming is enabled for both Voice and Data.

LTE is only enabled for data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Now we are getting somewhere. Does your device give you the option to enable voice and data at all?

NicholeKK_VZW

0 Likes
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it does have the option to switch LTE to voice and data.

That will only work if I get an LTE signal, That is not consistent at all.

I get 3G sometimes, but even then Internet access is not always there.

I will use Speedtest now and then to see if I get Internet and also test my speed.

So far, if I am not using wifi then I do not usually get any Internet access even if it says LTE or 3G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate this followup scottwmp, and for you working together with us. Please keep us posted with the speedtest results.
NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am only getting 3G right now.

4 out of 5 times, it will not find a server because of "Network Connectivity Issues".

When it did connect, it would never complete the ping.

0 Likes
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to finally get a successful test.

• 2 bars
  • Ping was 329ms
  • Download speed was 0.15 Mb
  • Upload speed was 0.04 Mb
0 Likes