Marginal Coverage Area
brittybritt72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Customer Service today and spoke with Chris, he provided great service and listened to me rant. We have been dropping calls, that is if we can make calls from our cell phone for awhile now. I was told as most have been that I live in a marginal coverage area, I want to know why I still have to pay full price for marginal service? How is this legal? 

I have my home phone (which I can't use), internet and 4 cell phone lines with unlimited data, so you can imagine how much my bill is. Verizon needs to do better, as a large corporation you need to take care of your customers better.

For those of us, and it seems to be a lot, that live in the "marginal coverage area", shouldn't have to pay premium price. Why are we the one's being punished? If you are going to offer me premium service and I am paying a premium price, then I expect excellent coverage.

Brittain 

Re: Marginal Coverage Area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code of the area where the issue is occurring? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you brittybritt72. We are very happy to have you with us and apologize for the trouble you have been having. We know how important it is to stay connected. Cellular service is a radio transmission that is impacted by foliage, terrain and even building materials. For this reason, it cannot be guaranteed indoors. When an area is deemed "Marginal" the best options are going to be using Wi-Fi calling or a Network Extender. We allow a 14-day test drive to allow customers the chance to make sure our network is right for them. What type of phone do you have? Do you have Wi-Fi?    BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Tjdaisey
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I was just told we live in a marginal coverage area. I live downtown Sacramento about one mile to the State Capital. We have been having dropped calls and calling issues, really calling does not work at all. Seriously? The Capital city of the largest State of the US is a marginal area?  My zip code is 95818. And this happens not just inside. It happens outside on our back patio under bright open skies. I’m so frustrated and angry with Verizon!!!  This just started about the end of August 2020. 3-4 weeks ago. We have been Verizon customers for 27 years, have lived here for 20 years. Have never had connection issues like this ever!!! Why????  I’m so over being told nothings wrong. We can’t make calls! We aren’t young, what if I needed to call 911?  Sorry. No service. RIDICULOUS. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to hear that you were told you live in an Marginal Coverage area, Tjdaisey. We certainly want all of our valuable customers to get great service with us. We have sent you a Private Message. Please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes