Marginal / Poor / Non-existent 4G LTE Service in Doral South Florida 33178
RickSanchez

This is home to the United States Military Southern Command but they still cannot provide good service. I have submitted 3 trouble tickets and the supervisors that I have spoken from Tech Support and Customer Care in States like Arkansas don't even know about  Miami, South Florida. On the last trouble ticket, a supervisor by the name of Edward [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] told me to go away and leave Verizon. Their response was : " We are not going to improve any infrastructure in zip code 33178 until August 2017" so you are welcome to leave. And please do not forget to pay your bill. The trouble ticket # was [removed] and is now closed. The Verizon Network in South Florida has degraded in the last few years. I am truly sorry to have chosen Verizon Wireless as my carrier. Shame on them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Marginal / Poor / Non-existent 4G LTE Service in Doral South Florida 33178
Weth
Legend

Real life coverage maps from third party sources obtained from actual signals does not show terrible coverage in this area. There are some lower spots, but overall coverage looks good. Do others with Verizon have the same problem? Is this inside a building?

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you always stay connected. May we ask when the ticket was closed if you  received any notice of resolution?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RickSanchez

This is at 11459 nw 41st @ starbucks and also 9717 nw 41st @ panera bread

0 Likes
RickSanchez

The ticket was closed on 4/28 and I was told to go away. that I could return the equipment and leave verizon.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Both those areas on the map do show slightly reduced signal, and going into a building will degrade more.  Overall the signal in this area looks excellent and beats the other carriers when compared on the independent third party site.  Both of those businesses have free wifi.  I would not get yourself anxious about the coverage, as Verizon likely won't get to it until 2017, or later.   Experience is adding coverage in established areas is slow.  I am interested in what other Verizon phone do at these two businesses.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

IT sounds like there is more concern over what the phones are doing in the businesses as opposed to the area. Either way it goes if they are saying its a marginal area and allowing you to leave, what's the problem? Just go ahead and go.

0 Likes
RickSanchez

THe signal overall is not excellent !  Don't sell yourself cheap. Verizon as well as other carriers do not disclose that they have such a marginal service in these areas. This is illegal. I don't have to use wifi to get data services especially when these access points are public and insecure. I pay for Verizon service and I am demanding it as they do when they send me a bill for services rendered. The issue here is they are selling service that they cannot provide, therefore this is fraud and misrepresentation. And the users must bring it up to the authorities. And yes, I know that you are going to tell me, good luck. Well, very simple. I am leaving Verizon but not without a fight. These are private companies under license by the Government.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Since you expect it, good luck to you.

There is nothing illegal.  The signal map used was from actual Verizon customers in your area, not produced by Verizon.  No carrier guarantees service within a structure.  You were given options and choose not to use them.  On top of that anyone else you switch to had worse overall coverage in your area.   All this data is available online for you to research before, and you had 14 days to test. 

not sure what selling out cheap is.  I understand the basics of radio signals and use what means I have to get around occasional limitations.  Verizon is not described as a consumer friendly company, but it gives me the best value, at least for now. When it doesn't, I will leave too. 

0 Likes
RickSanchez

I am glad that service works for you!  But the practice of fraud and misrepresentation should be punished, And consumers need to complain and defend their rights with these companies that want to rip off consumers. If they can't give service, don't charge for it !  And I have requested credit for it and they have denied it. This is unacceptable. As I said, I am going to pay for what I have used and nothing else. And then I leave. Nothing more, nothing less. In the old days there was no need to have cell phone service or instant e-mail gratification. This artificial need has been created for consumers.

0 Likes