Re: Marginal coverage area
rsto1000

Have had the same issue with Verizon Wireless here in the Boston area for the last year.  Was told by Level 2 support to keep calling in when we have calls dropped (happens often) to open tickets.  One of these calls to support did result in engineering coming back and saying they did have a problem, but there was no plan to address it.  Now this week, they have told me that we are in a "marginal coverage" area, and that is the end of it (too bad Mr. Customer, we are not going to provide the service you are paying for).  They told me about using wifi calling over our Comcast internet connection, but my question is why should I then pay Verizon their full rate, if half my phone and data traffic are traveling over another carrier's network?  They offered to sell me an "extender" but I am not interested in band-aiding the problem.  How about you fix your network, and provide us the service we actually pay for!

0 Likes
Marge_Cuhverage
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a 3 1/2 year history of NRB and Systems and Performance response as Marginal Coverage at my residing location.

It is very difficult for even the best cellular carrier, Verizon Wireless to provide seamless and optimal service to all of its' customers.

Technical inovations in the deployment of the LTE Advanced migration plans towards the final reality of 5G mesh network involves some fairly complex network planing. Federal regulations also add to the problems along with business economics,  management and customer service. Significant network changes that effect the majority of customers are dealt with quite efficiently by escalation, but from a technical reality Leading Edge technology often produces Bleeding Edge collateral issues.

Marginal Coverage is indeed a real problem, but seems to be a response that is used too often to explain the difficulties in the constantly changing network topology. When old technology is about to become obsolete VZW has to consider the customer impact, and they do.

Unfortunately   sometimes network advancement will cause changes in service provided to the customer. New Plans have new rules, and awesome new plans can change the quality of service to any customer. My only complaint is one question and it is not even a technical one.

If VZW is truly the Best Cellular Carrier, than why not admit the real issues to your customers? You're doing the best you can in managing your goals for 2020 and I am eagerly waiting for your next best thing.

I have been 150% supportive of VZW and Verizon for almost 20 years my ONLY response to any solution has been a link to

Signal Concern Resolution | Verizon Wireless

My NRB escallation has fortunately NOT been closed, and I am fully aware, and grateful, of all of the work you are doing to improve my situation.

Thank you Customer Service for being the

Best Part of Verizon Wireless

I still would appreciate having the requested conversation, so I can provide my real time logged connection information to your Systems and Performance team. My coverage is far from Marginal.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The one thing I do not see in your post is one word about Wifi calling.  Verizon has Wifi calling available on most devices, and every service plan.  This would resolve any connection issue at your residence.....unless you do not have home internet.

If you do have home internet, have you a compatible phone?

Not sure?   Post make and model. 

Wifi calling is not on by default  and not to be confused with Wifi connection for data.

Yaby1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi calling in my experience is poor at best. We have 2 Note 10 plus and a Galaxy S-10 plus. Xfinity home internet with 150 mbps minimum speeds. Wifi calling is garbage on all 3 devices. Ported to Tmobile. Incredible service at nearly half the price. Bye Verizon.

0 Likes