Message+ not syncing notification with smartwatch
Dr_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received a Ticwatch E running Wear OS 2.2

Except for incoming text messages, all desired notifications are actively forwarded to the device from my VZW phone, Samsung Galaxy s9.

I have checked Wear OS, phone, and watch settings and everything is set up to permit notifications to the watch from Message+.
Researching the problem, i have heard rumors that Message+ does not play nicely with Wear OS.
I thought I would have a workaround by also allowing notifications from the phone's stock messaging app, but still nothing.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Message+ not syncing notification with smartwatch
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

The Verizon Message Plus App is no longer compatible with Google's Wear OS Smartwatch Software...Click on the link below, it will provide you with information on the problem as well as some helpful solutions.

Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches

0 Likes
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am so sorry for the issue you are having with your smartwatch, we certainly want to do everything that we can to resolve it. I know how much I love using my smartwatch, we want to get yours up and running correctly. We are anxious to look into this further. I have sent you a Private Message to continue, thanks in advance.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dankees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I now have Verizon Messages and Hangouts working as they did before, with notifications.

I have written out the steps below. I don't 100% know if they are in order or they even need to be in an order. But, it took a lot of playing around, and I got them both to show me text notifications as they did before.

Link: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/sideload-apps-android-wear-3673967/

Watch IP Address: 192.XXX.X.XXX:5555 (Find Your Watch's Specific Number)

Download Verizon Messages Mirror Version 6.6.7
Download Hangouts Mirror Version: 26.0.20
Uninstall Apps From Phone
Uninstall Apps From Watch
Restart Watch
Install App (One at A Time) On Watch Via Sideloading
Disconnect Watch From ADB
Install Old (Mirrors) Versions On Phone
Go Into Play Store On Watch & Install Apps From Phone (One at A Time)

Turn Off Auto-Update On Each App On Your Phone
Turn Off Auto-Update In Your Watch's Play Store

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

"Download Verizon Messages Mirror Version 6.6.7" - from where?

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes