Migration of line from family plan to individual plan
jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently I migrated a single line out of my Nationwide Family Plan into a sub account, leaving two lines on the Family Plan and the one line on the sub account. My sub account was then migrated to the Nationwide unlimited talk and text plan (highest tier) while leaving the others in my family on a 700 minute plan, which is precisely what I wanted.  However, I noticed that my sub account has simply become a "single line" shared family plan ($99), instead of converting to an individual Nationwide Plan, which is slightly cheaper ($89).  I was told that migration to a individual plan on a sub account from a previous family plan line was no longer possible as of December.  Note that I would like to remain on the old Nationwide plan, not be migrated to a More Everything plan. Is it still possible to convert my sub account line to an individual plan (plan number 0110 I believe)? I am under contract on the line.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Migration of line from family plan to individual plan
jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just confirming that this is definitely possible.  I called in today and a friendly agent was able to complete the process with no issue.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jimmel,

You asked a great question.  You can have a Nationwide plan on a single line even if it is on a sub account.  I apologize for any confusion we may have caused.  The plan code you provided is not accurate.  What plan do you want to have active for the single line?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome!

I just wanted to migrate my "single line Nationwide family share plan" (single line -- I'm the only line on this family plan) to one of these plans:

Individual Plans

More specifically the unlimited talk and text plan for 89.99 on the right.  This seems to be retired content on Verizon's web server, but I can access it nonetheless.  You may not be able to navigate to it so I have provided a screenshot.  I have also provided a screenshot of my current setup (without any personal information).

If this is possible I will go ahead and call in later to have it done.

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 2.12.50 PM.pngIMG_0066.PNG

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I don't understand why you want to keep a plan that costs more than an individual more everything plan?

SIngle lines start at $45 with unlimited talk and text.   So I'm sure Verizon is happy to renew this old, more expensive plan.

(and you want to save $10???)

0 Likes
jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Simple, I have unlimited data.

0 Likes
jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue with this setup is that the way the system calculates the cost for this plan ($20 for base plan access, $30 for texts, and $50 per line access) I do not meet the minimum requirement of the "base plan" for my employer discount to apply to the plan. This is because the discount eligibility is only calculated from the $20 "base cost" (not the total cost), which must be more than $35.  So this setup not only costs me $10 in the plan itself, it also costs me another $30 on the discount PER MONTH.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Now it makes more sense...

jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any more information available from customer support?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Anytime you change a plan, you can only change it to a plan that is currently offered.  I thought Nationwide plans were extinct.

0 Likes
jmimel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not necessarily. Since I already have the nationwide package I should be able to do "lateral" plan switch because the plan is still tied to my account. People have accomplished this in the past, even long after these plans went away (like less than a few months ago). Some people even said that the system automatically bumped them to an individual package once the package becomes a single line.  But I guess not for me?

I suspect that this is completely possible I just need to find a CSR that will push it through for me without explicitly removing the data.

0 Likes