Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Military discount scam / going against own policy
anotherScammedCustomr

Verizon applied a "military discount" to my plan, and that increased my plan $15/month. They said it was because the old plan had a $40/month discount and the new plan is only $25. They said I should have noticed a discount on my account already, and since I applied for this one, thinking it was a better discount, it nullified my original discount and costs me $15/month more.

Now, the interesting thing is this page:

https://www.verizon.com/support/military-veterans-faqs/

Especially this line:

Note:

• If you signed up for the discount before 8/5/19, you keep the previous discount amount.

I've had the discount for years, since I've been with Verizon for a long time. In short, Verizon's thank you to veterans is to charge them more money and go against their own policy. It seems like every time I deal with this provider, they find another way to nickle and dime me. You'd think I would've learned they weren't going to change at this point...

I guess that's my fault, too.

0 Likes
Re: Military discount scam / going against own policy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Saving everything you are supposed to is a big deal. I know every dollar counts for my family too and I want to get to the bottom of this. Did you switch to a different plan, or did you sign up for a new discount? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes