Military suspension
Yer-1-3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a military member deploying overseas. Verizon’s online help couldn’t verify my military service so I was not able to apply for the suspension online. 

however, whenever I called customer service they were asking questions that we are not permitted to answer. They were asking when we are leaving and where we are going. For troop movement safety (opsec) we are not allowed to answer those questions. They are denying me SCRA rights and I have been trying to get this issue resolved. Verizon’s customer service has been useless with this. anyone else have any suggestions? 

Re: Military suspension
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your dedication to our country, Yer-1-3. We're disappointed to learn of your experience while trying to get service suspended. We have a few different ways that service can be suspended and we do recommend suspending service online through your My Verizon account. If you are not able to suspend the service online, proper documents can be emailed to set up your suspension as well. You can find all steps and details to get your service set up on a military suspend here, http://spr.ly/6605K7OsT. Please let us know if you have any trouble with this. -Danielle

0 Likes
lesnjayla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely feel your pain. I recently PCS'd to Germany last month (24 year active service and 13 years with Verizon). All of a sudden they cannot verify my status to suspend the line and I am constantly being charged daily rates for being here. Even though, cell data and roaming are off.

I have had 4 phone calls to them all lasting over an hour trying to rectify.  Heading back to the US in 2 weeks to cancel all lines. At this point its principles. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, lesnjayla. First and foremost, thank you for your service. Help is here as the last thing we want to see is you leaving us. As of June 2023, we have requested that customer revalidate their military discount via ID.me. May I ask, did you complete the revalidation through ID.me? 

-Natasha

0 Likes