Misguided Communication on Oversees Military Assignments
FireMTM

To whom it may concern, I am very displeased as a long time customer dating back to Jan 2012 and request attention in a matter which continues to get pushed down the line for placing our phones on hold until we return to the states while on military assignment. This matter has resulted in constant miscommunication dating back to Jan 2016 and is extremely frustrating after 8-10 calls with misguided, positive information. I request immediate investigation in the matter and a reply from the company on the remediation action.

Background:

Nov 2015 I moved from the states after retiring from Active Duty in the Air Force and began a Government Services position with the Department of the Navy in Greece. My family followed late Dec 2015.

Jan 2016 we began requesting our phones to be placed on hold with no costs associated until our return in 2-5 years. We completed the requirements along with turning in our military orders.

On Jan 28th 2016 we were approved for a temporary extension of 90 days while a secondary extension processing for the full time we are oversees.   Shortly after, not sure on the timeframe, we called back to check and were assured we'd be okay while assigned here for the remainder of our oversees tour.

On Apr 20th 2016 we received notification that our extension would expire on Apr 27th 2016.

On Apr 21st 2016 my wife called to figure out what happened with the issue once again and was told at that time by a female that the issue was inputted in the system for investigating and we may have to pay the cancellation fee for 2 of the phones.  My wife was told to call back a couple days later to check on the status of the issue.

My wife called back the next afternoon on Apr 22nd and was told by a gentlemen that the extension was now approved until we returned to the states and that we would not have to pay anything until we turned them back on.

On May 12th we received an email that we now owed $482 by 4 Jun 2016. My wife called again today, 18 May 2016 and was told there was no communication shown from Apr 20th and 21st which is fowl, making my wife look bad one again and we now owed $482 on top of that.

As you can see this is very frustrating and disappointing since we'd been with Verizon for so long. Please consider my case by removing the amount owed and place our phones on hold until we return to the states in 2-5 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Misguided Communication on Oversees Military Assignments
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TYou are retired. You don't meet the qualifications to extend. You didn't get deployed; you accepted to leave. Those charges are valid and if you don't wanna be charged the best thing to do is cancel.

0 Likes
Re: Misguided Communication on Oversees Military Assignments
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Yes.

Thank you for your continued service but if you are not active duty then you may not be eligible for that exception. Cancelling and paying the last bill is probably the best solution. You will lose your numbers but you will save headaches and money.

0 Likes