Misinformation about promotions regarding phone upgrade
courageous_C

I would like to know Coroparate Customer Relations number. I have been misinformed about stackable promos regarding upgrading my device. I was looking at getting an Iphone 7 but an agent I spoke with inform me about two stackable promos I would be able to use to get an Iphone XS. Since I thought that was a better option I went ahead to upgrade yesterday. I was told the phone was on backorder until Dec. Today, I received my tracking information. When I chatted today with a new agent she was able to update my mailing information. I asked her to verify my new monthly payments with my update. The price was different  than what was discussed.She informed me the previous agent did not disclose all of the information regarding one promotion and apologized. She was able to find a different promo that could work. The chat session timed out as I proceed to do the trade-in for me phone and before the new promo was applied. When I singed back in, I received another agent (3rd person), she informed me that the previous agent who I just was disconnected from on the chat missed informed me about a stackable promotion as there is no promotion. Now, I am stuck with a phone that is shipping I could have down without. I will also want to give the phone back but will be requitred to pay a re-stock fee for information that was inaccurate. I dont not appreciate working with three different agents and being told three different things. I ultimately upgraded to a newer device based on information from VZN live chat agent.  I am going to pay for for a phone than the agreed upon amount. I need to know who to get in contact with to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Misinformation about promotions regarding phone upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

couageous_C-

Our goal is to always provide accurate information at all times. I'm sorry to hear that you've had that experience with your upgrade. I have sent you a Private Message to better assist.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
courageous_C

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for responding. This was an upgrade. I was told I would yesterday I would get $400 off a iphone xs plu and additional $400 off my trade-in as these were stackable promos. The first rep I chatted with today, informed me that there is a $400 off on trade-in but it was for iphone 7 or higher. The Iphone 6 is only $200 credit. She stated she was able to find other deals but we got disconnected. The second rep I had after this chat disconnection stated I have the $400 off the trade in and there was no stackable promo for $400 off the iphone XS. If you review my chat history from yesterday you can see the lasy break down the promos and the final pricing. I upgrade based on what she stated. Now, I am missing a $400 promo but the informtion has not been the same from either rep today.

0 Likes
mv7

i got messed up out of the amazing thanksgiving deal because the rep i was talking to didn't  know what they were doing.  told me i couldnt' switch to unlimited mid cycle.  got a different rep on friday and they did it with no problem.  serious training problems.  

0 Likes
treleven

Same issue. Extremely frustrating. Considering Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the confusing information about changing your plan in order to take advantage of a promo, mv7. We certainly never want that experience for you or anyone. I'm glad you were ultimately able to change the plan and do the order. If you should have any other questions or concerns about this, please let us know. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to lose you as our customer, trelevan. We have send you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
mudasserh

An order to purchase two new lines and avail promotional trade-in (Offer reference number OST-225464) value was incorrectly processed by telesales as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) 25-Jan-2020. Tele Sales provided misleading information over a recorded call and I acted upon it. Tele sales entered an incorrect email therefore I never received order details and was deprived of the opportunity to review my order (as mentioned in the company’s T&C Agreement on the order receipt). 

On 29-Jan-2020 I once again got incorrect information about the eligibility of the offer OST-225464 by Customer Serve Department representative, over a recorded call. Based on the information received, I purchased a Phone. 

Subsequently, I tried to get confirmation from the Customer Service to make sure the orders get processed in line with my communication. The Customer Service has acknowledged misinformation by their representatives and apologized for the same. However, they maintain that they would not rectify their mistake and that I will have to suffer for the mistakes of their employees. 

I’ve been cheated by the company representative by providing misleading information on recorded lives. Furthermore, the company is not honoring its commitment made by its employees. They have categorically refused to escalate my complaint. 

The company must train its employees to provide correct information to the clients and should have strong controls in place to ensure that accurate information is provided to the clients. The company must take the customers concerns seriously and, after thorough investigation, adequately compensate its customers.  

0 Likes
NCraig

I, too, was lied to by a live agent about a promotion and the trade in was processed incorrectly. It’s been 6 months and many hours with multiple people at Verizon. Nobody is willing to make it right & honor what I was originally told. Extremely deceiving, untrustworthy, and poor customer service. 

0 Likes
Doun88

I’ve been fooled as well by a Verizon store member who talked me into upgrading my phone without telling me I will loose the credit i received for giving my 2 iPhones a year before ($699 of credit) besides loosing the money I was prepaying every month for my older IPhone (29$ a month)

Verizon customer service on the phone took no responsibility and said it was written in the contract that I will loose all the credit if I would upgrade my phone. They disconnected the phone when I asked for a proof that they will contact the Verizon retailer to notify about what happened. Litterally disconnected the phone!

0 Likes