Misinformed about Early Edge Program! Can I file a complaint?
susieque74

Back in September when the new IPhone 6 was released I was very excited to find out about the Edge program and also to find out that I could do an early Edge and get my iPhone 6 before I was eligible for an upgrade.

I first attempted to do a live chat to get more information and was informed that I could do an early Edge and that I would have to send back my old phone but would get a gift card in return.  I made sure I asked about this because I saw it flashing all over the website. I wanted to know more details and make sure that if I sent back my old phone that I would get this gift card.  I was also told that I would get $10.00 off my monthly bill (I made sure I asked about this because I also saw it on the website).  The person on the live chat was disconnected so I called into customer service to order my iPhone 6.  I made sure I asked about trading in my old IPhone again because if I could keep it I would rather do that but the female representative told me that I would have to turn it in. She said that there would be a label that would be enclosed in the box that my new iPhone would come in.  I should use the box and the label to send it back.  I made sure to ask AGAIN that I would get the gift card, she said yes, it would take 4 to 6 weeks.  I also asked again about the $10.00 discount on my phone bill and she said yes I would get that also.

So, I did get my new iPhone and I sent back my old iPhone as instructed using the box and label that was sent to me.  It was delivered on 10/14/14 to the Return Processing Center in Texas. 

I called two weeks ago and tried to find out status but the recycling department did not have any information for/about me and customer services didn’t even bother to look anything up and said to call back later, they have 4-6 weeks.

Today I called again to check status and after 4 phone calls being bounced back and forth from customer service and the recycling department I spoke with a very nice representative who told me that since I did an early Edge that I was not entitled to the gift card. Needless to say I was very upset that I was misinformed.  I then went on to ask her about the $10.00 discount on my phone bill and she said that I could get the discount if I had the More Everything plan.  None of this was said to me when I initially ordered the iPhone 6.  The representative was nice enough to try and help me get some kind of discount to correct this wrong.  She switched me to the More Everything plan so I could get the $10.00 discount I was told I would get initially.  Why the representative who I spoke with initially did not tell me this, I will never understand.

I am more upset because my co-worker ordered her phone right after me, spoke with the same representative, and was given the same misinformation.  I have been a long time customer with Verizon Wireless and have always advocated for Verizon.  This is why my whole family has Verizon Wireless now.  My co-worker even switched from AT&T to Verizon because of me and now I am so embarrassed to have convinced her to do this.  

It is really not about the $200.00 gift card that makes me upset it’s about how Verizon has let me down and has made me feel like I can’t trust anything that has been said to me by your representatives.  Needless to say, that as soon as I can I will be leaving Verizon and going to AT&T and will no longer be able to give positive recommendations for your company. 

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Misinformed about Early Edge Program! Can I file a complaint?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi susieque74! Thanks so much for your loyalty to Verizon Wireless, and I'm sorry for any misinformation with regard to edging up your device with the trade in program. We actually do not handle any of the details with the trade in program. However, you can contact them by phone at 877-247-3846 or online at http://vz.to/1zkLiXx

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

The details of the edge plan are clearly shown on this site. If you had questions you could have come to Verionwireless.com and gotten your answer. edge is not confusing at all.

0 Likes
susieque74

I have contacted them and they keep referring me back to Verizon.  I know there is no solution to this, its just disappointing that you can't trust the information that you get from your representatives.

0 Likes