Re: Misunderstandings regarding the new plans.....
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

rrutl wrote:

WHY DID THEY OFFER UNLIMITED DATA ?  They HAD to know that many existing customers would enter the 'data use' realm within their own company. They now want to blame people for using the system as it was sold to them, instead of admitting that they are overcrowding the system with unlimited numbers of customers. Does anyone think that the geniuses couldn't calculate the potential numbers of data users they would eventually have to serve ?

I don't even think it's a bandwidth issue.  It was all part of the master plan to get everyone hooked on data.  Why do you think they advertise netflix streaming and other bandwidth heavy apps on LTE?  Even the Verizon CFO said he expected people to start moving up in data tiers and increase their revenue.  Verizon would probably like to have all of their customers on 10GB plans and going data crazy.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

getting people hooked  . . yeah I would agree . . the water gradually boils . . the frog gradually cooks . . difference is . . the same thing happens on the street corner and those people pay the consequences. We let this happen . . thank you Bill Clinton

0 Likes
destructor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly. I myself wouldn't be as pissed off about this if they had done what you suggested. Instead they want to nickle and dime us for every last cent we have. It's like when a bully in school picks up a kid turns him upside down and shakes out the loose change in his pockets. It's a money grab and a shakedown, nothing more. Same thing with the "convenience fee" fiasco, the upgrade "service" fee, and all the BS Bank of America, Netflix, and everyone else tried to pull. You can't just nickle and dime customers and expect them to accept it with smiles on their faces.

0 Likes
aldoxx13

The way the new plans have been explained to me by Verizon representatives is if you upgrade your plan after June 28 you will no longer be able to have unlimited data. After being with Verizon for the past 13 years I'm pretty upset with this especially with the lack of a compensatory plan for long time customers. Tomorrow and all through out the weekend T-mobile is offering full mail in rebates on their new phones. I suggest you all look into that. It's way cheaper any way.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

aldoxx13 wrote:

It's way cheaper any way.

You get what you pay for.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

aldoxx13 wrote:

Tomorrow and all through out the weekend T-mobile is offering full mail in rebates on their new phones. I suggest you all look into that. It's way cheaper any way.

i would in a heartbeat.......if i could make a call on tmobile here. i have no options. the only carrier that is reliable everywhere i go (i travel all over AZ) is verizon. i don't enjoy paying more than other carriers, but as pjnc mentioned, you get what you pay for. i could use sprint when i'm at my office, but at my house and on the road they are useless. and for at&t. as soon as you step foot on a golf course (in the middle of phoenix) you have no signal.

0 Likes
Not applicable

People like me are outraged because we have been waiting forever for a family share plan so we could upgrade some basic phones to smartypants and the plans Verizon puts forwards are utter junk. The whole reason we hadn't upgrade phones yet because their current plans were not good. I have this thing about paying $30 PER PHONE for a data plan. These new plans cost even MORE. So ye I guess I foolishly expected Verizon to actually care about the customer and offer a BETTER deal not a worse one.

So when you say that not to be outraged because I can keep the old plan, well that's not good either. As I said if I was fine with the old plans I wouldn't have been waiting to upgrade my phones. So my choices are stick with the old plans and pay more than I want to for service and have no ability to share data. Or go with the new plans and share data but pay even more.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

For those still confused.

0 Likes
selayan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think anyone is confused anymore, just pissed. Those with lots of smartphones will save around 10 bucks a month. But again, they are all sharing whatever GB of data they chose. For me that would be fee upon fee of overcharges. Especially that there is no tether fee, you can easily go over the limit. I think people are more afraid of that.

0 Likes
Not applicable

selayan wrote:

I don't think anyone is confused anymore, just ******. Those with lots of smartphones will save around 10 bucks a month. But again, they are all sharing whatever GB of data they chose. For me that would be fee upon fee of overcharges. Especially that there is no tether fee, you can easily go over the limit. I think people are more afraid of that.

Not even $10. Actually for US our bill will go UP by $10 vs the old plans. Most of us were hoping to SAVE money on the new plans. No reason for data prices to INCREASE when they CONSISTENTLY drop for Verizon and all data providers.

No confusion. Data go from 5 GB for $50 to 1 GB for $50 and VZW is wondering why people are mad? And no one bettter say "Well that includes voice and texting". Ok then how come per line fee went from $10 for $40 then? What am I getting for that?

0 Likes