Mobile hotspot usage showing up on bill, but definitely not using hotspot
Train1975
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently went from using a Samsung GalaxyBook to a Lenovo Flex 5G.  Both purchased directly from Verizon. A strange thing is happening with the Lenovo Flex 5G. It keeps saying I am using Mobile Hotspot Data on the Lenovo Laptop segment of my Verizon Bill despite the fact that I am 100% positive I have Mobile Hotspot turned off on the laptop. I even did a test where I powered off every device in my house other than the Lenovo laptop along with turning off mobile hotspot & wifi on this laptop, and yet still Verizon is showing more mobile hotspot usage on my bill. I live alone so there is no mysterious housemate causing this issue. I used the Samsung GalaxyBook for 3 years at the same location in the exact same manner and never did it trigger hotspot usage on my Verizon Bill. I have notified Verizon of this problem and they are having someone call me tomorrow but it is just bizarre and concerning because Verizon is very opaque about Hotpot usage in general.  One Verizon agent told me it was clearly an error. I told another Verizon Agent to just block hotspot usage on the line since I don't use it. He claimed to have done so but still the mobile hotspot usage climbs on the bill. Very frustrating. The fear hear is going over the Mobile Hotspot Data limit because Verizon is very severe with throttling once you exceed your Mobile Hotspot limit...with speeds so slow it renders the cellular laptop experience useless. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: Mobile hotspot usage showing up on bill, but definitely not using hotspot
jonpwil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever discover a cause or a solution? We are seeing the same issue, 4.5GB out of 5GB mobile hotspot usage and we literally have never turned mobile hotspot on before.

Re: Mobile hotspot usage showing up on bill, but definitely not using hotspot
kparker168

yeppers exact same issue!! and no one seems to know a fix!!

0 Likes