Mobile internet slow mid day North Shore Kauai
808tensai

For the last month around mid day the mobile internet will become spotty and extremely slow.  Sometimes lasting for 4 hours. This never used to happen. I spoke to other friends and family members in the area and they are experiencing the same.

I heard that they changed the tower in our area to get ready for 5G.  Whatever verizon did seems to have messed up the mobile internet.   I've relied on their mobile internet for 15 years and this is the first time it's been consistently bad.  I thought upgrading my phone would help the problem,  but it didn't.  

When contacting customer service via chat, they reply with no outages in your area.  We'll reset your individual phone connection.  This still doesn't help.  It's impossible to get a live person on the phone who will record the complaint.  

Very disappointed in verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: Mobile internet slow mid day North Shore Kauai
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to provide reliable service and great experience. We are concerned to learn you are experiencing service issues in the area. Please tell us, are you experiencing issues indoors or outdoors? What model is your device and is the software up to date?

0 Likes
808tensai

I have the new Galaxy s21 ultra by Samsung. Updates are current.  The problem occurs indoors or outdoors. I can be a 100 feet away from the tower which is located near our fire station.   When it goes down it still shows 4G LTE 3 bars or better. Calls and text go through,  but not text with pictures.  Rumor has it that eliminating 3G ahead of 5G is causing this. I call other friends and family during the outage and all of them experience the same slow or non existent mobile internet during thosr times.  On some days it will only be down for an hour. Some days it will take up to 5 hours before returning to normal.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be just as frustrated with this service, 808tensai. I personally rely heavily on my phone/service throughout the day, daily. When we reset the network for your phone, does it help at all? Do you happen to have access to WiFi when you are at this location? How is the service in other locations? 

0 Likes
808tensai

The reset on my phone connection via customer service through chat does not help with connection unfortunately.  I live in a rural area, where it's difficult to get a hard line to my home. Because of pandemic, other household members are home more than usual and another one of us needs internet to work remotely.  As I wrote earlier in previous post.  Mobile internet worked well all day for years till beginning of June. We have direct line of sight with no obstruction to princeville tower.  We seen verizon wirking with cranes on the tower,  so we know major changes were made to it. Unfortunately this was not for the better.  During the mornings and evenings it works fine, so it is not the location that seems to be a problem.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

808tensai I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your data. I know that many people are now working from home using a lot more data. This can cause congestion depending on your plan. I would be happy to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message here on this forum.

0 Likes