Monetary reimbursement or avoid paying the early cancellation fee
finn39
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have time on your hands and really have it in for Verizon, effective January 1, 2015 Verizon increased their administrative charges by 7 cents (.88 to .95). You can call in to get the difference credited to your account for the remainder of the contract. I realize this a very small amount but some people on this board appear pretty frustrated with Verizon.

Below taken from Verizon Website:

CAN VERIZON WIRELESS CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT OR MY SERVICE?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it. Notwithstanding this provision, if we make any changes to the dispute resolution provision of this Agreement, such changes will not affect the resolution of any disputes that arose before such change.

Is $0.7 materially adverse to me? No, but Verizon is not the one to make that judgment.

Feel free to light up the customer service hotline....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Monetary reimbursement or avoid paying the early cancellation fee
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Failing to negate means to resolution. If they give a credit for the amount through the remainder of the contract, then it is resolved, therefore, you will not be able to cancel etf free, and the fact that they offered to give a credit wont hold up anything for you in court. So therefore, no get out of jail free card.

Nice try tho.

0 Likes
finn39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, the title was referring to Verizon's decision....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Of course, it is not the "hotline" which needs to be lit up. You only reserve your rights to a billing dispute by sending a letter to Verizon, not calling. Regardless what they tell you over the phone, you are required to send a letter of dispute before you would have a chance of cancelling ETF free. I have included an excerpt from the customer agreement.Smiley Happy

HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180-DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.