More questions......
Bazooka
Is there any extra cost for calling Skype phones in the U.S. and would it still count as International Calls if calling a Skype phone in another Country?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: More questions......
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Depends on the number. If it is an international skype number then yes, you are charged for international calling. If they gave you a US type number to call but are located outside the states then it is counted towards your normal minutes.

For example, my brother was recently stationed in Korea. Thanks to him having a skype account he created when back home, we were able to call him on skype using a Virginia number (757 area code). Saved us lots of money and headaches. 

Calling skype uses your normal minutes unless you add it to your friends & family. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Depends on the number. If it is an international skype number then yes, you are charged for international calling. If they gave you a US type number to call but are located outside the states then it is counted towards your normal minutes.

For example, my brother was recently stationed in Korea. Thanks to him having a skype account he created when back home, we were able to call him on skype using a Virginia number (757 area code). Saved us lots of money and headaches. 

Calling skype uses your normal minutes unless you add it to your friends & family. 

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Yaaay for more correct answers!
0 Likes
Bazooka
Hmm interesting...  also what about using international phone cards?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Calling cards are great!! They're cheap and easy to buy. Since you would only be calling the 800# it deducts from your minutes, unless you have it set up as a Friends&Family #. Yes, you can add 800 #s too...
0 Likes
Bazooka
As long as it deducts from regular minutes and not international minutes I'm happy! And thanks everyone for you answers!
0 Likes