More uncaring customer service
Slickmetal
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support

Last week, I did a review of my billing statements. I noticed for over 15 months I was not receiving my military discount (2 lines, $25 savings per month). I was "signed up" for my discount by a store agent in Florida. I was told I would need to provide a military email address, and in that email I would confirm my military status plus showing my valid ID card. The day I signed up (December 2020) the agent stated it did not ask for my email address and must have already known my military status in the system. I thought nothing of it as time went on because I was paying off two phones having a rather large bill.

Last week, I contacted support about this. I entered a ticket online. I also asked in the ticket if the discount would be retroactively applied to my prior bills. Later, they replied to the ticket and stated they did not see me confirmed with ID.me. I was not told this was the service to confirm my identity, and it may have not been the service to do so in December 2020. The ticket told me to sign up for the service and "more information was needed" was the last entry in my ticket. I could not enter any more details or entries in the ticket. I could type an entry but when hitting the send button, nothing would happen. This happened on the web and using the app. I then went ahead and confirmed my status in ID.me and then asked for a call-back because I couldn't make additional entries to my ticket, as they did not answer my question about applying the discount to my prior bills, as this error was partially not my fault. 

During the callback, they stated they would not apply the discount to my prior bills nor give any credit. I told them the agent told me I was good to go, and my only fault was believing him and not checking for so long.  I felt and told them I thought that decision was a bit unfair and was pretty bad customer service-wise, especially to a military customer in great standings. I told them I would switch, since it was cheaper to go to other providers who care more about their customers...I  was told. "Well, ok then...anything else I can help you with". At that point unwilling to care about their agents' fault nor how it affected me. 

0 Likes
Re: More uncaring customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First off, we want to thank you for your services. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We want to ensure our customers are receiving the proper discounts they should be getting. We'd like to take a closer look at this. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist you. ~Christian

0 Likes
Re: More uncaring customer service
Slickmetal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a reply back to the direct message. 

Let's see if Verison does what is ethically correct. 

0 Likes