Moving Account
dlewis441
Enthusiast - Level 2

My company will be moving me on to the company account and I will not see a bill again.  However to do this my company is telling me I need to pay the $175 ETF fee.  I am currently on a contract that I just started in July/August. We will be keeping the number and service.  Not sure why I need to eat a $175 fee to do this.  Is there anyway I can get out of my contract and have it moved to the company without paying this fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving Account
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you were to cancel your contract, your ETF would be $175 less $15 or $20 for the 3 or 4 months of completed service, unless you have a smartphone, in which case it would be $350 less $30 or $40.  But the numbers aside, if you are, in fact, keeping the same number and the same plan, the company is doing an AOL so there would be no ETF.  The catch here is that it may be rolling over into a business account, so your individual plan IS being terminated.  I'm not sure how that works.

Maybe you can call customer service, or talk to your account rep at  your company to find out how the account is "moved" and get clarification on why you have to pay the ETF if the company is the one forcing the change on you.

0 Likes
dlewis441
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks SuzyQ.  I will check with them and see!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks SuzyQ for the info!

Dlewis441, I'll be happy to clarify this process for you. If your company is keeping your same number and completing an Assumption of Liability from one VZW account to another, then there are no early termination fees. Your account is not being canceled, it is just being transferred from your name into the company name. You'll need to first contact customer service to notate that you are giving the company to take over your line. They'll then take over the responsibility and contract.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dlewis441
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was mistaken that there would be an ETF. I have found out that there is

no ETF, because they are taking over the contact on the company account and

it is the same number.

Thank you for the help!!

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <