Moving Prepaid number to Existing Postpaid Line
CRG7

At the beginning of December, I added a new line with the LG Stylo 5 (free, $10/mo with $10/mo credit for 24 months).

I am trying now to transfer my sister's prepaid Verizon number to this new line. Her prepaid service is active (until January 1st). When I attempt to "change mobile number" online, I am told the number is eligible for transfer. After putting in her account information, I am brought to an error message claiming there is in existing installment agreement. She has been using my old LG V10 (paid off through my Verizon plan years ago) for the past 2+ years. 

If I try to just add a new line and transfer her number in that way, it prompts that the number cannot be transferred.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with Verizon, being tossed around, on Christmas Eve. The final representative seemed to genuinely be trying to get this resolved but also claimed he was being tossed between 5 different departments and had exhausted his options. They had even tried adding a new line and transferring the number (from there they were going to move it to the new line with the device and cancel the temporary new line). It would not allow them to do that either.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I see forum posts about people porting their numbers out and then back from years ago. Is this something I will have to attempt? The LG Stylo 5 has not been active for 30 days yet, would that cause more problems?

0 Likes