Moving contacts to another phone
amanda122987

I have two questions:

1) I would like to switch services and end my contract with Verizon. The contract end date is 9/28/14. Is there a charge for disconnecting earlier than that date?

2) What is the easiest way to move all of my contacts from my old phone to my new phone? Understandably, the website makes it pretty complicated to find out how to do anything with disconnecting from Verizon's service and everything that follows...

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving contacts to another phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

amanda122987 wrote:

I have two questions:

1) I would like to switch services and end my contract with Verizon. The contract end date is 9/28/14. Is there a charge for disconnecting earlier than that date?  Yes, there will be an ETF if you cancel service before 9/28/14.  It will be either $60 (basic phone) or $120 (smartphone), based on what phone you purchased to start the contract.

2) What is the easiest way to move all of my contacts from my old phone to my new phone? Again, that depends on the phone.  If it's a smartphone, back up your stuff on Google, and you can then retrieve it by linking to the same google account with your new phone. With a basic phone, and switching carriers, you MAY get your new carrier to transfer the contacts, but it may not be possible either.  You also may be able to log on to your Verizon account and export your contact list as a text file (csv, comma delimited) and then import that to your new phone.

Understandably, the website makes it pretty complicated to find out how to do anything with disconnecting from Verizon's service and everything that follows...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Moving contacts to another phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

amanda122987 wrote:

I have two questions:

1) I would like to switch services and end my contract with Verizon. The contract end date is 9/28/14. Is there a charge for disconnecting earlier than that date?  Yes, there will be an ETF if you cancel service before 9/28/14.  It will be either $60 (basic phone) or $120 (smartphone), based on what phone you purchased to start the contract.

2) What is the easiest way to move all of my contacts from my old phone to my new phone? Again, that depends on the phone.  If it's a smartphone, back up your stuff on Google, and you can then retrieve it by linking to the same google account with your new phone. With a basic phone, and switching carriers, you MAY get your new carrier to transfer the contacts, but it may not be possible either.  You also may be able to log on to your Verizon account and export your contact list as a text file (csv, comma delimited) and then import that to your new phone.

Understandably, the website makes it pretty complicated to find out how to do anything with disconnecting from Verizon's service and everything that follows...

Thanks!

0 Likes