Multiple phones, date keeps changing sporadically at one location
tomcat_official

My Verizon phone and someone's Verizon phone who visited me also have this issue happening. I'm located in Hoboken, NJ just outside of NYC.

Restarting the phone was the only way to fix it. Before restarting, toggling automatic date and time setting on after correcting date manually will set it incorrectly again (to May 18, 2007 but with correct time of day. 

Initially I thought it was a bad ntp time sync of the wifi router but router system date time was correct. Problem did not affect clock widget from another app, only system time. Seems to be related to cell tower sync. Also note there is 5G service where I am. 

0 Likes
Re: Multiple phones, date keeps changing sporadically at one location
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that your device works correctly at all times, is paramount. We'll do everything we can to resolve the issue you and other Verizon customers are experiencing with your the date on your phone's changing sporadically. This is very unsual to hear, so let's get started. Noting that this is happening while you're in Hoboken, NJ, let's concentrate our efforts there. Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Multiple phones, date keeps changing sporadically at one location
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, tomcat_official. We definitely want to assist with makings sure that your device keeps the correct time and and date when in your location of Hoboken, NJ. When did this first start happening? Since restarting your device to correct it, has the issue of the time and date been happening again? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes