My Ongoing Nightmare with a Canceled Order
evans_be

The background: A few months ago, I decided to add my mom onto my wireless phone plan. There was an on-going promotion that rewarded a $200 gift card if you spend $600 (could’ve been more or less) on a new device. I purchased the iPhone 12 for my mom with a new line and received the gift card a few weeks later. I am a Verizon Credit Card holder and I have automated payment set up with the card. When I tried paying for my bill with the gift card, it stated that I would lose some of the discounts by paying with the gift card and not autopay. I said fine and decided to buy AirPods Pro 2 with the gift card instead.

Nightmare start: I attempted to make the order online, I entered the Gift card information and verified the amount on the card. Prior to submitting, it stated that I needed to verify my credit card information, which I did. I decided to use the $200 from my gift card and cover the remaining $68.34 ($250 for AirPods + $18.34 in taxes) with Verizon Bucks. I selected in-store pickup and clicked submit.

Instantly I get a notification from Verizon that my order was submitted. I then get a notification that I made a purchase on my Verizon Credit Card. The gift card was not charged. I called Customer Service and they stated that I needed to go cancel the order and reorder in store. I asked would I receive my Verizon Bucks back, he assured me that I would, but it will take a few days. I went into the Verizon App and canceled the order.

A few days later the $200 processed on my credit card. I called customer service again and they stated that they would take care of it. I was traveling for a work trip as I was speaking to the agent. Once I boarded the plane the agent called back, he stated there was an issue and he couldn’t submit the ticket. I stated that the plane was about to take off and that I had to hang up. Upon landing I called Customer Service again and spent nearly an hour on the phone to which I was insured that I would get a refund of both the $200 and the 68 in Verizon bucks.

Later that day I received a notification from my Verizon app that I had a late payment. This was 12 days after my card was charged via autopay for my November payment. I called and another agent looked through my account and noticed that one of the previous agents refunded my payment and not the AirPods. My previous bill was $210 (3 lines, plus extra after opening the new line), the previous agent refunded the whole amount, but $32 was charged back (no-one knows why), so I would get a refund of $178. A ticket investigation was opened because I was told my card should not have been charged for the AirPods since I never picked them up. I was told once they audited the store that I placed the pickup for, then I would receive my refund. As for the payment, once the refund payment reaches my account, I would have to pay my bill again and call back if I get a late charge.

Days go on and I received neither the payment refund nor the AirPod refund. I first tried talking to agents via the App chat function, that was USELESS. I called customer service again and had to explain the whole situation again for what felt like the millionth time. I was told to wait it would handle itself.

The next day I receive the refund for the payment, and I go ahead and repay the bill. A day later I received an email that my ticket for the AirPods cancelation was resolved and closed. I called and the automated system said I would receive a refund. That was over a week ago. And surprise, no refund. I still have the $200 charge on my credit card and I am still short $68 in Verizon bucks.

I called customer service and I was told that I was issued a refund on Nov. 14th (which is the day the agent issued the payment refund not the AirPod refund) and that I should call the credit card company because now it is a bank issue and not a Verizon issue. I still have not received the Verizon Bucks either, so how is this a bank issue? The rep had no response to that besides just wait.

I am planning on calling the credit card company and requesting a charge back of the $200, but I am still short of $68 Verizon bucks and I fear I will never get that back. I have been with Verizon for a long time and there customer service is making me reconsider.

0 Likes
Re: My Ongoing Nightmare with a Canceled Order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to hear about the issue you've had with this order and cancelation evans_he. I can understand thefrustrationn of this entire situation and we want to ensure you that your verizon bucks will be provided back once the entire case is complete. Have you spoken with our Verizon Up team? 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
evans_be

I've spoken with a lot of people through the course of almost 2 weeks. So I cant say for certain whether one of those was a Verizon Up member. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Evans_be, thank you so much for those details. I want to make sure that you are getting the proper assistance. I am going to be sending you a Private note. Please respond to that message once it comes through. Thank you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes