My customer service nightmare
Darylshy
Enthusiast - Level 1

On February 10, 2022, at 11:45 am, I purchased an iPad Pro through the Verizon lease program. I entered in my Giftcard for an amount of $205.99 for the initial payment. The website then asked me to enter in my payment information which I thought was odd, since I had just entered in the gift card, but I thought, maybe they just wanted a card on file or something? (IDK). Once the payment was processed, I noticed 2 charges on my Mastercard in the amount of $205.99. So the system ended up charging me twice on my Mastercard.

I immediately contacted Verizon and spoke to Sarah on their Twitter platform, who then advised me to cancel the order and start over. So I did. She told me the payment would be refunded to me in 3-5 business days. So I waited.. and waited.. and waited...  

On February 16 at 12:21 pm, I reached out again and spoke to Felecia. Felecia said my refund was delayed because the order has not yet reached their warehouse. She gave me a tracking number. She said once it is received, I would receive my refund in 3-5 business days. So I waited.. and waited...  

On February 21 at 11:03 am, I contacted Verizon on their Twitter platform and spoke to Michelle. Michelle told me she saw an issue with the tracking number and was putting in an order to process my refund. She told me the refund should come back to me in 3-5 business days. So I waited.. and waited...  

On March 1 at 7:03 pm, I contacted Verizon on their Twitter platform and spoke to Delores. Delores told me the problem was that the device was not received. She told me she would investigate the previous ticket and call me back the next day at 2pm. The call never came.   

On March 4, I scheduled a call for 1:30 pm the next day. I received the call and stayed on the line with the rep for 30 minutes while he went through the trail of tickets to try to understand what happened. He eventually came back and said he would have to transfer me to financial. The call was disconnected during the transfer.  

I called straight back and held the line for 30 minutes before speaking to Suvrogit, who I had to go over all of this information once again. It is now 3:09 pm on March 5th and I am still on the call with him. He finally told me that the refund should have already been issued on February 18 when the ticket Sarah created was resolved with a status of (refund issued)... it was not. He took his time and documented, screenshotted, and sent a message to the warehouse to issued the refund immediately, which I appreciated. He told me the refund should come in 3 business days. A line I have heard way too many times before. But we'll see.   

It should go without saying, that this level of customer service is completely unacceptable. My patience has been tried and tested beyond what any person should have to endure. The problem is that there is no recourse. There is no way to demand service. There is no speaking to a manager. There is no escalation. There is only calling and holding for a ridiculously long time, Tweeting and having someone tell you they are going to create a ticket or get back with you and never do, chatting online and having someone take 20 minutes to respond to every reply you give just to tell you they are going to get back with you in 3-5 business days.    Besides that, every time I speak to someone, I have to tell them the story of my situation from the beginning every single time. As you can see, I am very thorough with my notes. I have names, times, dates, and screenshots of all my conversations. My retention of notes is better than anyone at Verizon, whose job it is to keep up with previous conversations. Even with all that, I still cannot get my issue resolved.    I switched to Verizon from Sprint in January, and it has been nothing but constant issues. Each time I have to contact customer service, it is the same thing. I have had 5 consecutive issues with their service in 3 months that have on average taken several weeks to resolve. I have had it. If it weren't for the fact that I have to wait to switch back to Sprint, I would've done it a long time ago. I have never experienced anything even remotely close to terrible customer service like this in my life. Besides being stupidly broken, it is kind of fascinating to watch this trainwreck of a customer service department fumble ball after ball, no matter how simple. 

Re: My customer service nightmare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing all the details, it's important that we are getting you the assistance you need with this. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

*Gen

0 Likes