NOT WORKING - Black Friday Get $200 off the new Apple Watch Series 7.+
MyTwoKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

My fiancé and I ordered the Series 7 watch using this promotion for his birthday. We were promised (and frankly misled) we could trade in our apple watch series 3 (GPS) for $200, and according to the sales people it is a credit of $200 and supposedly notated to his account that way. 

After hours and hours on the phone more than once (at least 6), the sales people couldn't get the form completed and said it was the form, not our watch, but told us not to worry, all we needed to do was ask for a trade in kit when we received the Series 7 watch.

We now have the watch, a bill for the watch, a new bill for the new line for the watch, and called for the kit. Not one of the several (at least 4, who all hung up on us eventually) Verizon customer service agents could complete the form for us to receive the kit.  We have been attempting to resolve this since the day of receiving the new watch. 

The form to trade in an older apple watch to receive the trade-in kit requires an IMEI, which our watch does NOT HAVE, because it is GPS ONLY! After spending time on the phone with Apple support directly, this was confirmed. The form does not take into account an unlocked (from Amazon directly, not a reseller) GPS only watch, even though the form lists GPS only as an option. 

The unbelievable part is Verizon has been running the promotion since at least Nov 18th for Black Friday, accepting ALL apple watch models, even the original first issue watch. 

Please try the form from the below page, and let me know if you find the same. Apparently, no one at Verizon can help. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced with Verizon, and I have had an account with them for a decade. 

New Apple Watch Series 7: Features, Price & Colors | Shop Now (verizon.com)

Get up to $200 off this device when you trade in.

Buy the device with:

• Any plan

Plus

Trade in:

• Your old device within 30 days of purchase

See if your device is eligible for trade-in:

Apple Edition Series 3

Up to
$200
for new lines

or

$200
for upgrades

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NOT WORKING - Black Friday Get $200 off the new Apple Watch Series 7.+
MyTwoKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support

Success!! Posting this in case anyone else is struggling with Verizon online support and needs the correct information to fill out the form to trade in a GPS-only Apple Watch to Verizon. 

After numerous rounds calling support, who were absolutely no help, and was redirected to call the trade in department (again, the trade-in department routes you back to the call center if you have not submitted the form to alert the automated system that a trade in is requested!!)

I visited the store and had the trade-in taken care of in the space of 15 minutes by a very knowledgeable Verizon team member.

The answer is: the MAC Address is used instead of the IMEI if the watch is GPS only (GPS-only watches do not have an IMEI). However, do NOT enter the colons when entering the MAC address ... it's in the Verizon training manual! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If we can locate the device at our warehouse, and see it has arrived in good condition, we can manually credit accounts for qualifying promotions. However, the device will have to be traded into us, and we must have the device to make any such adjustments. As this is a system limitation, we would have no problem manually applying this promotion if you meet all other requirements. If you have any additional questions on this process, please feel free to reach out to us by leaving us a Private Note here, or contacting us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. We look forward to working with you directly.

*Robert

0 Likes
MyTwoKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Robert,

I don't think you understand the problem.

1. I cannot send the Apple Series 3 watch to you without a return kit. I did not receive a trade-in kit. Therefore, it's not in your warehouse.
  2. According to your customer service, we must submit the form to get the label / trade-in kit to return the watch.
  3. We cannot submit the form because it is requesting an IMEI and will not accept a blank field. 

Please test this form!

What device do you want to trade in? = smartwatch

Brand = Apple

Model = Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS Only) 

Color = Black

Storage = 8 GB

Network = Other - Smartwatch

(Continue)

Condition = Good

(Continue)

Enter your Device ID (IMEI) = It doesn't have one, it's GPS Only!

try 15 zeros, try blank, you tell me what to try, it doesn't accept anything but an IMEI which this watch does NOT HAVE because it is GPS only. 

@vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
MyTwoKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

The IMEI is available on Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models only.

How to find the serial number or IMEI for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

@vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
MyTwoKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support

Success!! Posting this in case anyone else is struggling with Verizon online support and needs the correct information to fill out the form to trade in a GPS-only Apple Watch to Verizon. 

After numerous rounds calling support, who were absolutely no help, and was redirected to call the trade in department (again, the trade-in department routes you back to the call center if you have not submitted the form to alert the automated system that a trade in is requested!!)

I visited the store and had the trade-in taken care of in the space of 15 minutes by a very knowledgeable Verizon team member.

The answer is: the MAC Address is used instead of the IMEI if the watch is GPS only (GPS-only watches do not have an IMEI). However, do NOT enter the colons when entering the MAC address ... it's in the Verizon training manual! 

0 Likes
NotHappy71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service is one of the worst customer support groups in the world.

When (IF) they pick up your call, they suggest going online for live chat help and live chat suggests calling support.

I truly believe that none of them actually know a darn thing about the company or any of the products they offer.

MyTwoKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

@NotHappy71 

You hit the nail on the head! They will also put you on hold to 'check into', then disconnect you if whatever you are asking about is not in their wheelhouse. Which forces you to call back in, wait a ridiculous time on hold, explain all over when you finally do get to a real person, and the cycle repeats.  TL;DR mentality. They need to RTM! 

Unfortunately, Verizon corporate doesn't seem to read the community forum or care. Either address the problem or make way for people jumping ship (for good reason) to the competition. 

Hopefully my posts help someone struggling with a similar situation. Online support was a real nightmare. Thank goodness the corporate-owned store could resolve it in just minutes. I encourage anyone frustrated with online customer support to "make an appointment" with one of the corporate stores or just walk in.

Even though the corporate store was able to resolve my issue, my Verizon brand loyalty went from 100% to 0% after the online customer service I experienced.