NW OK Coverage update?
jmmagyar

Since Verizon completed the LTE test with Pioneer Cellular,,and Sprint is dropping March 1....When will the coverage be available for Verizon customers? I am not a current customer...however will be looking for coverage in that area once Sprint drops that area.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NW OK Coverage update?
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi jmmagyar,

I understand your anticipation for LTE coverage. Please note that any information regarding new LTE coverage areas is first posted online at our official news website http://news.verizonwireless.com/

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: NW OK Coverage update?
jmmagyar

So then I guess the question is, they already announced Pioneer as an LTE partner in the Rural American Broadband program.  Already announced successful tests...Already announced that Pioneer customers will be able to utilize Verizon's Nationwide coverage for phone/data starting this spring.  This was on their website, as well as yours posted above.  Is that going to be a reciprocal agreement?  That was never mentioned.  Or should I just go to Pioneer for service in this area?

The announcement was specifically regarding LTE, and how Verizon customers will be able to 'enjoy' LTE coverage in the area.  I must assume that also would include standard 3g, 1xRtt, and phone coverage in the same area?  Will this be throughout Pioneers entire coverage area?  Or just selected towers?

Here is the announcement on the Verizon news page.

12/16/2011

BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Pioneer Cellular, one of 13 participants in the Verizon Wireless LTE in Rural America program, has successfully completed end-to-end data testing over its new 4G LTE network in preparation for a commercial launch next spring for customers in central and western Oklahoma. The new Pioneer 4G LTE network will enable Pioneer and Verizon Wireless customers to enjoy high-speed data services within Pioneer’s coverage area and provide Pioneer customers with access to Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network throughout the United States.

0 Likes