Need more bandwidth in my town.
amandagordon

I live in a tourist town that doesn't have enough network capacity in the summer and fall months. The population swells from about 4k to over 20k in the peak season. Often you can't do anything over cellular except text because the network is so bogged down. People go from wifi to wifi. (It's fine in the winter.) Verizon needs to add capacity. Who do I tell about this?

I tried using the chat feature, but that was worthless. The tech just wanted to troubleshoot my phone. I tried calling various numbers to get a real person, but the system kept hanging up on me. I don't have a PIN.

(Btw, I was unable to select "location" above. It only gave me phone model options.)

0 Likes
Re: Need more bandwidth in my town.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amandagordon, staying connected is essential and we are sorry to hear you are having problems. To begin, may we ask what ZIP Code you are having issues in? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
amandagordon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, did not see any service alerts.   Can you please send us a Private Message,so we can delve deeper into this? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
amandagordon

I don't know how to send a private message.

0 Likes
amandagordon

Is anyone going to look into this? I tried to log on to an online game this morning, but it wouldn't go through. I had to find a wifi spot to do it. I generally don't have a problem early in the morning, but once the tourists wake and start hogging the bandwidth, cellular usability plummets.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, we know you rely on your service, and we want you to be able to. I am sorry for the issue, don't worry we will get this resolved. Do you know of any other Verizon users near you with this issue? How long has this been happening?

-Rosie

0 Likes