Need to find my iPhone, but it's now dead/turned off.
JulyBaby2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last had this second iPhone on 11/30. It's the one my bf uses. And now it's gone; we can't find it. Is there a way Verizon can locate where it last pinged off a tower? I tried using Find My iPhone, but I can't locate it since the phone is off, and not connecting with the internet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The phone is brand new, and iPhone 6, and we'd really like to recover it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need to find my iPhone, but it's now dead/turned off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JulyBaby2, we have an idea that may or may not assist you in a successful recovery. Certainly the best resource in locating the phone is the “Find my iPhone” service, but with that unavailable one bit of detail that could help is to review the call and text log to see when it was last used.  Once you have this, you can see if you recognize the phone number that was communicating on that last text or call.
To view these records, visit here https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/myusage/ , where you’ll be asked to sign in with your mobile number and My Verizon Password.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JulyBaby2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. It was interesting information, but not helpful in locating it. Is there any way I can find the serial number for the one phone on my Verizon wireless acct? We aren't sure if he lost it or if it was stolen, but we'd like to put in a police report. A serial number would help in pawn shop searches, etc. Also what happens if it's been stolen with the plan and payments and such on a phone we no longer have? Thank you for your help, DavidH_VZW.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Did you have insurance on a phone you are making payments on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JulyBaby2,

I would be lost without my device and hope you can retrieve it.  You are able to locate your Device ID number by logging into your My Verizon Account.  Once logged into your account , select the line in question.  You will be able to select manage device and will be able to view your Device ID.  This is unique ID for your phone.

Since the phone is still under a Device Payment Arrangement  you will still have to pay for the remaining balance of the phone.  Have you reached out to us to report your phone as lost or stolen?  Did your phone have mobile protection?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hillymama2

The serial number IS listed for each device you have on your Verizon account online.  

0 Likes