Need to report an antenna / tower that is malfunctioning
rcarlson8974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need VZ to look into the tower closest to my dwelling.  I sat within 50 yds of the tower and received 2MB download and 0.7MB upload.  I've went thru all the steps....  turn off/of, flip this, flip that, airplane, on/off etc...  I've read every post.  Brother works in the tower industry and is convinced there is a technical issue with the tower itself.  the tower in question is located in Jacobson, MN.

Re: Need to report an antenna / tower that is malfunctioning
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I assure you our teams are working efficiently to bring you the best services Verizon has to offer. Our teams work swiftly and accurately to resolve any network issues that occur. 

*Harley

0 Likes
rcarlson8974
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok.  does that mean a tech will go look at the tower?

0 Likes
rcarlson8974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone needs to go look at the tower.  The speeds from that tower are horrible whereas the Verizon tower 20 miles south you get 110MB download.  Something is wrong or malfunctioning.

Thanks,
Randy
0 Likes
JohnBoy2121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can see 2 cell towers from my driveway, both less than half a mile away.  Our 3 phones have always worked great in our home with download speeds around 60-70 mb/s.  Yesterday, 11-17-22 all of our phones (three in our household) are down to 1 bar 4g lte with download speeds of 0 to 1mbs. 

We can not make calls while the phones are in 4g mode when they switch to 3g we get up to 3mbs and can make calls, but we have no control over when that happens.  Our neighbors are having the same issues.  We have all done the customer service dance of do this - do that - turn off this - reset that, and we all still have the same problem...it is obviously a tower issue. Some of us have been told that we are getting reimbursed for the inconvenience, and some of us were told to expect a signal booster that will be shipped to us. 

Why is it so hard to believe that there is an issue with the tower, and why can't I just report the issue and have Verizon send a technician?  We have had our phones reset by customer service and still nothing.  My wife drove us up to the tower and I did speed checks.  Under the tower the 4g speed reached 11 mbs  100 feet away the speed was 3mbs.  3000 feet away at the end of our rd, the speed shot up to 30 mb/s.  by the time I was 3 miles away at the post office, the speed was up to 65mb/s.  There has never been anything but consistant 60-90mb/s service all along this route.  Now within a day a 2 mile length of road has deadzones that range from 0mb/s to 7mb/s.  If not a tower issue, then what?

Bewildered in Carsville, VA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, JohnBoy2121. We appreciate these details and want to ensure you receive the best service possible. Help is here. Have there been any changes in your area? As you mentioned contacting prior representatives, were any network tickets issued for your account? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes