Need to request service Tech to an area that service has become garbage.
hendrickmsman24

My in laws have cell phones on my account and recently the service on their cell phones has become garbage.  The both have samsung galaxy phones and even when I go their front or back yard or in the house the service plummets.  The Address is in Greenport, NY 11944.  It used to be very good but the only way to get a clear call lately is walking to almost the road.  I worked for verizon 4 years and this seemed awkward to be that the service would change.  It used to work great in the house but has become poor.

Personal info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to request service Tech to an area that service has become garbage.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your patience hendricksman24 and all of the steps that you have tried. We certainly want your service to be the best it can be. We need to troubleshoot further! Indoor service cannot be guaranteed due to multiple factors outside or our control with structural interference high on the list. A Network Extender http://vz.to/1jMR0HT will certainly improve your wireless experience in your home. What we can do is even try opening up a resolution ticket with our offline support team to see if maybe there are other factors going on here. Please let us know which route you would like to proceed.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the service issues that you and your family have encountered, hendrickmsman. With their phones, if they go into Settings > More > Mobile Network > Network Mode > and change it to LTE/CDMA > Restart > Do they notice any improvement?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hendrickmsman24

No I tried that a as I knew that trick when I worked with wireless.  I even 228 it and That did nothing.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hendrickmsman24, thank you very much for trying those steps. I want wo make sure that we can get you guys back up and running with good service. If they have a 4G device the *228 will not work. The best way to update the service is to have them power the device off and pull the battery from the phone. Once the battery is out please have them remove the sim card for a good 5-10 seconds. Then place everything back together and power it back on. Then re-test the service. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
hendrickmsman24

Still not working.  I have done all of this and even right now my service is even bad in the yards.  Calls drop inside and outside the house.

0 Likes
hendrickmsman24

Also 4g doesn't exist and 3g is 1 bar.

0 Likes
Majiceyes

Signed up with Verizon over a year ago had great service now it is awful, seven people i work with have the same problem we all have newer phones ( Note, galaxy S5, S4)  and no service in house at all and when driving dropping calls all the time.  Not sure what to do about this all but thinking of switching service providers if does not improve shortly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Majiceyes,

Hearing about what's going on in your area is very surprising and worries us a lot! What zip code are you in? We want to make sure you're happy with us for many years to come!

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Majiceyes

My zip code is 49236 I work in 49221, I used to live at 49265 and it has been awful throughout the community all my fellow coworkers are having the same issue,  I hope we can get something done because I am ready to throw away cell phones

0 Likes
hendrickmsman24

The original zip code to this thread is 11944.

0 Likes