Re: Network Outage
HyperFury
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Gainesville, VA. Have no landline service, no wireless (cell phone) service and no tv working. All with Fios. Only thing that works is Fios internet.

VERIZON, please respond to us!

0 Likes
mbreezy1

We live in Centreville, VA. TV, Cell phones are out. No TM, but get notification that boice mail but cannot retrieve it.

Land Lines still woirk, but they are not fully digital (thank God). Internet just fine.

I cannot believe that a COmmunications company will not COMMUNICATE their status

!

0 Likes
mtallmer

We live in Alexandria. Just spoke (via landline) to a friend who works for Verizon wireless. Their major cell uplink site (no idea what that means) lost power during the storm, and still does not have it. It seems they are at the mercy of Dominion VA Power - which somehow seems ironic.

0 Likes
saxcat00
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you SO much for the information MTaller!  However, how sad is it that we are getting our information via each other and not through Verizon?  They could at least post something via social media or on their website!!!

mbreezy1

thanks so much for the info. At least we now know that service will most likely not return soon!

0 Likes
HyperFury
Enthusiast - Level 1

InsideNova released an article with an email from a Verizon spokesperson stating they are working on the issue and there is no set time for restoration. http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/jun/30/2/storms-kill-2-leave-thousands-without-power-phone--ar-...

DaveInReston

In Reston, VA, we have no cell service, no FiOS phone, or TV. We have internet, however.

0 Likes
jrichards1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So am I getting a credit on my bill for this Verizon.... I count on my cell phone for emergencies what good is my provider when the service goes out in a storm.  I can't get i touch with my wife who is out running errands and I need her to go pick up my kids from my mother-in-laws that lost power. 

Stephen_L
Enthusiast - Level 1

If that happened their emergency generator should have taken over to supply power to the building. They also have battery backup which should have keep the equipment working. I think they have a much bigger problem, on facebook people in PA and New York are having problems also.

cellus05
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon this morning and they told me something about the tower..

No time limit about fixing the tower..

Have me a trouble ticket number and that was it! 😞

0 Likes