Network errors - Texts won't send and outgoing calls won't complete
Purcell69
Enthusiast - Level 1

The coverage here changed about 10 days ago.  We changed to VZW in December and had remarkable service.  Now, 4 months later, my wife and daughter can't receive text messages on their iPhone 4 and 4s and "Extended LTE" no longer displays on their phones when they are at home.  We have done all the resets with no improvement. VZW tells us it is a tower issue, but they don't own the tower.

Now we can't use the services we are paying for and VZW's answer is for us to purchase an "extender" that piggybacks off our internet, to improve the signal at the house.  First, that unit is an additional $249 from us to use what we are already paying for.  Second, our internet service is already slow, being in a rural area, so I'm not about to waste $250 on a device that probably won't fix the problem anyway.

To say the least, it feels like we have been had.  When we signed up with VZW, we were told there was good coverage here, and there was.  Now there is an issue with a 3rd party that was allowing VZW to use a tower that they are no longer using and we are stuck in a two year contract.

To say the least, I am a bit pissed.

-Joe

Labels (1)
0 Likes