Never received $250 promotional gift card from switching to Verizon
timhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

It took me 1 month, but after several trips back and forth to the verizon store and many hours on the phone with customer service, I finally received a phone and my number.  After adding a line on my account for my wife, we had a horrible time porting her number from AT&T.  Since transferring service providers, we were supposed to be given a $250 promotional gift card.  WE NEVER RECEIVED IT.  No customer service in-person or online can help me and I just want to say that this if awful service.

Re: Never received $250 promotional gift card from switching to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with porting over that number and the concern over the $250 card, timhenn. It is regretful that you have not received the help you deserve with this. This is absolutely not the experience that we want for you. I've sent a Private Note so we can best assist with this. 

RyanM_VZW

Lmann52
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same issues.  My husband switched over 5 of our phones to Verizon 12/15/2019 and we have been waiting since they said it can take 45-60 days for the $250 gift cards for each line.  We waited patiently and STILL NO GIFT CARDS????  This was a very costly switch for us and no one can seem to answer our questions.  HELP!!!

Jaden190
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue just because of some mix’s up with an employee not doing the job right and I was not satisfied and had issues with a phone decide to stay in at&t then decide to switch to Verizon once more but at a different location had issues porting the number over and one thing let go another and I never got the 250 gift card for keeping my same number for verizon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, Jaden190! We are concerned to hear you did you receive your gift card for $250.00, and we would be more than happy to help you today. Can you please elaborate more? When and how did you establish your service with Verizon? 

CatherineBonandin
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to us as well. We ported over 4 lines, and NEVER got the promo code and now are being told we waited too long. There is NO PROMOCODE in my inbox, I have talked to my in store rep, online, and phone reps and no one can help. This is a SCAM. I am so disappointed. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want our customers feeling this way and always want you getting the correct promotions.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
Kristineherrman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!  Same thing happened to me.  I've been to verizon and called and they are saying it's been to long, so u can't claim it now.  Ridiculous!!  They can see the promo in my paperwork.  They said they can't do anything.  You can always do something!

Kimchi22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also was promised a gift card with new service and bringing my own phone. I was told repeatedly through the chat to sit back and wait for the 45 day mark to receive the code via notification in the app. I kept chatting with them to ask if there were any other steps and they said to just wait a month and a half and it would be sent to me. They said they saw I qualified and that it was in my account and just to wait. I am still chatting with them even 8 hour chats where they say they are busy working on solving the issue but never do, eventually hanging up when they get off at 8 or 9pm. This seems to be the Verizon way.. just stalling as long as possible until you just give up. I am cancelling my service.

0 Likes
Kimchi22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also was promised a gift card with new service and bringing my own phone. I was told repeatedly through the chat to sit back and wait for the 45 day mark to receive the code via notification in the app. I kept chatting with them to ask if there were any other steps and they said to just wait a month and a half and it would be sent to me. They said they saw I qualified and that it was in my account and just to wait. I am still chatting with them even 8 hour chats where they say they are busy working on solving the issue but never do, eventually hanging up when they get off at 8 or 9pm. This seems to be the Verizon way.. just stalling as long as possible until you just give up. I am cancelling my service.

0 Likes