Never received credit for trade in.
Kmwc19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in my Galaxy S9 6/25/21 on a Galaxy S21 Ultra. I wasn't clearly explained to the whole process of the trade in promotion and was rushed through and never got the change to really examine new phone. I was told id be charged 50 for the first month then would recieve my credit. I was told my trade in for my S9 phone was worth just under 800 dollars and the Ultra was 1200. I left, then returned 2 hours later to return the S21 Ultra, it was pushed on me for "best" Samsung. It was like toting a brick around. I wanted to exchange for an S21. I was then informed that the S21 Ultra was all they had in stock, aside from IPhone. I asked for my old phone back, to which they said they couldn't do because I "traded it in" and had to pay a restocking fee. At this point I'm left to travel an extra hour to another store to get an S21, I waited for 3 hours, was up for my turn and was told their systems shut down automatically at closing time, to come back next day. I left, drove 2 hours back home, with no phone. I returned the next day and was generously helped, recieved new phone (i had to pay another service fee) and was assured ( I showed original paperwork of my trade in value) that I would receive that credit towards my phone. The S21 was 800 so I only owed a few bucks difference from my trade in. I freaked over my first bill, there was an upgrade charge and device charge which made it almost 200 more than usual. I spoke to someone and said it would lower next billing cycle. I haven't kept a check on it like I should and it's been 6 months and NO CREDIT. NONE. This is insane. Is this not theft? Not only am I out the value of my old phone, which was paid for- but was charged 3 service fees, an upgrade fee, and I paid for a EXPENSIVE screen protector they selected and put on the Ultra (didn't ask me). The lady who got me my S21 was kind and let me return the block ($30) that the first store swore I needed (I didn't) and exchanged my Ultra case for a S21 case, thankfully. I am so fed up with Verizon at this point. After reading, this seems to be a common issue for them and it shouldn't be. 

0 Likes
Re: Never received credit for trade in.
Kmwc19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue has been resolved.  After a very long wait, they gave me my back credit, refunded a wrong double charge on account and made sure I recieve the rest of my credit. 

0 Likes