Never smooth operating with Verizon!!!!!!
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love to know where I can write a letter to the management teams of Verizon? I am hoping a Verizon rep will see this & tell me where I can send a letter? Why did I label my post "never smooth operating with Verizon" because it is true. Let me first state that we have been GOOD customers of Verizon for 7 years or more. We always pay on time, etc. My son and I wanted to swap phones on Sunday and it turned into a fiasco. A complete fiasco! The ironic part of this is: I called in PRIOR to starting the "swap" to make sure we could do what we wanted to do & I even said "I wanted to make sure this was going to go smoothly." And rep laughed and said "yes it will be fine." I told her that in the past I could tell her horror stories of how "smoothly" things went for us when we attempted to do something. Let me stop there and say that I have NO problem with Verizon's actual service. The problem is when you call in about bills, attempt to get a new phone, swap phones, or even call with an account question. There's always a fiasco. In fact even calling in with account questions -well you can talk to one person, hang up and call back and a different person will indeed tell you something completely different. In fact that just happened to me within the last month! Anyway moving forward- I told the rep on Sunday that I could just do the phone swap myself online through "My Verizon" she said that was fine and we ended our call. I got started and attempted the swap -it gave me an error saying that the SIM cards were not compatible with one another and I couldn't do it. (I will explain this part much later) So I stopped what I was doing and called Verizon. I read the rep the error message and he said it was fine & that he would swap them on his end and things would be fine. To make a long story short and after several factory resets, restarts, and over an hour and a half on the phone my son and I could not use our phones. The rep called in what he called a "3rd party" tech and he went over things and said that the SIM cards were locked because it didn't like the swap. Okay, whatever. Moving on.....he said to take the SIM cards out of the phones and we would switch them. So we did. This couldn't be done because the SIM card for the one phone (A Note 4) could not go into the S6 SIM card slot because it was too large. This is what that error on "My Verizon" was trying to tell us obviously so why didn't the Verizon tech know this when I READ him the error message? So the tech told me he would have to send me out two new SIM cards and he would send them over night but being that it was Sunday they wouldn't get to my house until Tuesday. Fine. I can deal with that, at least he was kind enough to send them over night. And before anyone tells me I could have went to a Verizon store and got one quicker, no I could not. The Verizon stores were closed. It was Sunday at 4:30. I would have to travel almost 19 miles to the closest cooperate Verizon store and even if they were open on Sunday (which they were not) we wouldn't have gotten there in time (I assumed IF they were open they would close by 5) So my son and I both have no working phones. My husband & son both work the next day so no we can't even get to a Verizon store come Monday.  After this was said and done -a few hours later I called in to talk about ordering my new phone & asked if this would be a problem or make it more confusing while we waited on the SIM cards. The guy said it would not be a problem and everything would be fine. (yeah okay, I have heard this before) so we went on with the order, etc. He told me I'd get the new phone by Wed. (Free 2 day shipping) but if I wanted it sooner I could do the over night shipping and it would be here Tuesday (same day as the SIM cards would be arriving) but I'd have to pay $14. I'm sorry but after all I went through with the SIM card screw up -which I blame the tech who screwed it up by not knowing what they were doing and knowing I had 2 NON working phones on our plan, he could have sent the phone over night & waived the fee. Moving on....Later I got an email stating that my phone was on back order or pre order & I wanted to call to ask about this but could not since I had no working phone, so I got on Verizon chat. That was the worst mistake ever! I talked to a person who told me a b/s story stating that my SIM cards and new phone were both shipped and I would be getting them by 5pm that day (Monday) I knew this to not be true. There is no way that the phone would be here by 5 because it couldn't even be shipped until approximately Monday morning-I questioned him about this & he assured me they would both be there. He said he would have Verizon customer care send me an email stating the tracking information, etc. He also told me for all of my headaches he would give me a $20 credit. He said to go look into "My Verizon" & it would be there, so I did. Nope, it was a $6 credit. My account said "$-6.23" I told him that too & he gave me another b/s story. I told him that if he gave me a $20 credit it should say "$-20.00." He assured me that wasn't the case, okay, I'm not stupid but I'm not arguing anymore about it. Point is: Don't tell me something & not follow through. We quit chatting and sure enough I did get an email but....nothing in it was correct. The tracking numbers didn't work -nothing. I was furious. I get back onto chat and began chatting with someone else. I copied and pasted the email information for this person and he looked it up stating that no I wouldn't get the SIM cards and the phone until Wed. I questioned why I wasn't getting the SIM cards until Wed when I was told I'd get them Tuesday and he said they combined the orders. Again, I was furious! There was nothing else he could tell me so we quit chatting. I ended up taking screenshots of many of my chats too because I knew I'd need them. Moving on, I couldn't take it anymore and needed to know if I had to send my husband to the Verizon store to get the SIM cards if they were not shipped. By this time I lost ALL faith in Verizon and figured I'd have to get them on my own. So my husband called our local Verizon retailer and they said they were $10. They are supposed to be FREE!!! But because they are a "local retailer" they can supposedly do this. This is CRAZY! Why would I go pay $10 a piece for SIM cards when Verizon is the one that screwed the original ones up to begin with? And why would I pay the $10 when I'm supposed to get them for free in the mail but Verizon screwed that up too? Seriously? So we had to somehow get to the corp. store. I was going to send my husband immediately after work. So I had to go to my neighbors and borrow his cell phone, come back to my house & call Verizon. I spoke with a nice woman who I explained all of this too. I also sent her the "fake b/s" email I got from Verizon showing the fake tracking #'s. She had to re order the SIM cards and have them shipped over night for me. Also, the order with the phone that the guy on chat said was combined (the SIM cards and new phone?!) wasn't the SIM cards needed for the Note 4 and S6 but it was the SIM card for the iPhone. Nothing but confusion and in my opinion unprofessional. All the reps that work for Verizon and share that name should be on the same page. They should all know the rules, the promotions, and how to do their job. Moving backwards a bit I talked to 3 reps on the phone in the last 3 weeks about the device payment program and got 3 different stories on how it works. I am currently on it so yes I know basically how it works but I also know that Verizon changes things quite often. So I was inquiring on the "newest" rules and like I said I got 3 different answers. After talking to the 2nd person I told my husband the story and he laughed and said "Call back because you will probably get a different story next." Come on Verizon.....get your people on one page. So as it stands now I still have no working phone and neither does my son and we are waiting for the SIM cards. If they don't come this morning as promised then my husband will have to go after work to get one. But I laugh at Verizon workers who say "You can stop in at any store and get one." No you can't! Some "local" independent stores charge you for them and sorry but the point is: I shouldn't have to be getting a new SIM card in the 1st place if the rep didn't screw up the swap and would have caught that error that I read to him word for word from the PC screen. Why should we have to take a day off of work or waste our gas to go travel for a cooperate store that won't charge us for SIM cards when it wasn't our screw up to start with? Nothing can ever just go smoothly with this company and it's infuriating.

Labels (1)
Re: Never smooth operating with Verizon!!!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Laylahbelle Knowing our loyal customer had this kind of experience is unsettling. From your post I see you definitely are looking for assistance. We are here to help, what specific questions do you have? Please do not hesitate to allow us to assist you at this time. If you are strictly looking for an address to write to us this is the address. Verizon Wireless, Attn: Correspondence Team, PO Box 5029, Wallilngford, CT 06492.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thegreatzacsby
Enthusiast - Level 3

May include ask where this store is at?.... goodness it seems u just needed

a more cooperative set of ears in front of you... There are charges though

that vary from the actual type of location. Corporate/premium retailers

because they are not a "kept"locations of Verizon's merchandise as far as

being provided to the retailers. They do have to purchase all of there

inventory from Verizon and the flip side is that the individualy owned

locations can take part Verizon's pricing and specials.... as well as

adding in any promotions the retailer is running. I totally get it but a

corporate store does seem to be a little more of a wait and feels not as

personabal perhaps. Just know that it's good u r venting so that the

objective can be meet by an individual with fresh ears... and the avenues

with Verizon is pretty simple and hate my favorite carrier as far when it

comes to it... the reliability is a main stay, one off location visit is

too many because the network and accountability is worth not making a

decision when mad... only when you have had a discussion that includes

explanation, disclosure, and reasoning for the 10 charge. If would prolly

be OK with it.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why is it Verizon's fault that you and your son wanted to switch phones and the SIM cards didn't fit? That was self inflicted and not a Verizon issue. Next time also could you please provide the cliffs notes of the issue at hand and not an unreadable novel?

0 Likes
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you would have read my "novel" correctly you would have seen that I called FIRST and asked about doing this PRIOR to doing it. I was told all would be fine and to go ahead with the swap. Secondly in the end yes we would have had to have new SIM cards because they didn't fit but in the end we would have had working phones until the new SIM cards came if the tech would have known what he was doing and didn't lock up the SIM cards from several attempts at swapping the numbers/phones.

0 Likes
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I have since spoken with a few people from Verizon who have helped and who have been awesome. One person is actually investigating a few things. Thanks, again. 🙂

0 Likes
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you I have written my letter. I have also since spoken with a few reps and things are "almost" fixed but the issue still remains -many many customers complain about the same thing with Verizon and that is: The lack of communication when you call in. You don't always get told the same thing which confuses people. I will give credit where credit is due and I spoke with a Verizon rep today thru email that fixed an activation issue. I got the SIM cards this morning around 11 but I got them x 3! Also, I was charged for one set. That has since been taken care of though after a rep helped me get one phone activated. She was very nice and knew what she was doing. A little later I ran into another problem and a very helpful tech got it fixed after about an hour of trying to figure it out. Thanks again.