New Cell Tower 03741
Droidophobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

My town has always had very limited and spotty cell coverage.   Industrial Tower and Wireless has been building the first tower here (Gristmill Hill Road) for the past six months and their construction is supposed to be finished in January.  Can a Verizon rep tell me if Verizon is planning to lease and use this tower?  If so, what level of service will be provided?  Thank you.

AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Cell Tower 03741
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes, if you call Verizon technical support at 800-922-0204 a representative can submit a network ticket to the engineers for your state to check and see if they have any imminent plans for expansion in your area, including for that tower you mentioned

Droidophobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but that's the same customer service phone queue that I've been calling for 2 weeks, and I can't get through to anyone who either knows the answer to my question or knows who to connect me to who can find out the answer to my question.  You wouldn't happen to have an actual phone number for engineering, would you?

deloused
Master - Level 3

Unfortunately not, the reps reachable by phone would only be able to seek the answers you're looking for by submitting the network ticket on your behalf and then follow up with you

Droidophobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reps I've been able to speak with through Verizon's CS queue all say they don't know of any way to get an answer to my question, so I finally found this website and posted here as a last resort.  Do Verizon reps answer questions in this forum?  Unfortunately, my current phone is now dying and I'm reluctant to invest in a new phone unless I know that it's going to be compatible with any carrier(s) that eventually utilize this tower.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Droidophobe, we are right here to help work with you to make sure you are receiving the best signal we can provide. Although we are unable to provide and confirm the addresses and provide the exact locations of our towers we can review a few things for you. What I can do is make sure that we look closer at your location. May I please have the zip code in which you are located so that I can check to see the tower coverage in your area. What issues are you currently having with your services?

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Droidophobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

"

New Cell Tower 03741

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion

"...we are right here to help work with you to make sure you are receiving the best signal we can provide. Although we are unable to provide and confirm the addresses and provide the exact locations of our towers we can review a few things for you. What I can do is make sure that we look closer at your location. May I please have the zip code in which you are located so that I can check to see the tower coverage in your area. What issues are you currently having with your services?

VeronicaM_VZW"

Dear Veronica,

My zip code is right there in the title of this thread.  The issue is no service in most of the town, and spotty service on the west edge of town.  My town just spent 10 years trying to get a tower constructed here because not only is the lack of service an inconvenience to residents, it's impacted our EMS dept's ability to provide coverage.   Finally, Industrial Tower and Wireless agreed to put up the first tower here, and it's been under construction (Gristmill Hill Road) for the past six months, and their construction is supposed to be finished in January.  The link to the site is in my first post.

Can a Verizon rep tell me if Verizon is planning to lease and use this tower?  If so, what level of service will be provided?  Now that we have a tower, we are very frustrated at finding out what cell companies will actually contract to use it.  If Verizon isn't going to, then I need to find out who is and change to that carrier.  I'm making similar inquiries with AT&T and Sprint.

Thank you.

P.S. My profile is set to display my user name.  Why is my actual name being displayed by you?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Can't you go to your local governing body and determine what the plans are for the tower? Maybe they have info on it.

0 Likes
Droidophobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not a helpful suggestion 10 years into this problem.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Really sorry. Remember, this is predominately a peer-to-peer forum. Perhaps a VZW rep will address your concern, but I highly doubt they will have more information than the department you got essentially no actionable information from.

You seem to know the company that is putting up the tower. If they don't know who will be leasing access to mount equipment on it (?), I thought perhaps your local government would have some idea.

Good luck to you.

0 Likes