New Every 2
tabmbk

How does Verizon determine how much credit you get for the NE2?  In the past I have been allowed a $100 discount.    It is time for me to get a NE2 and I am only receiving a $50 discount this time.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: New Every 2
Winnins03
Enthusiast - Level 3
The New Every 2 credit amount is based on the price plan that you are one.  For the higher tiered plans ( normally $79.99 or higher), the New Every 2 was $100.  Due to, what I am assuming, a drop in phone prices in general as well as industry trends, the amount allotted for the credit has dropped over the past few years.
0 Likes
tabmbk
That is what I thought too but I have a $90 plan plus additional texting, etc. which brings it up to $142 normally.
Message Edited by tabmbk on 03-22-2009 12:49 PM
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

Also, Verizon was offering a $100 NE2 credit for all calling plans $39.99 and higher a couple years ago and have since changed it to the tiered $100/$50 NE2. And now has once again changed to $50/$30. The reduction in the NE2 credits is, as the previous poster said, due the the decreasing price in cellular phone costs.

0 Likes
mdram

you can search verizonz website and see what the current ne2 is

ah heck, i'll copy it here

DescriptionYou can get a free phone every two years* with New Every Two.®

Sign up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month and qualify for a free phone, up to $30 or $50 depending on your plan, with a two-year renewal. Or choose to apply your New Every Two credit toward the purchase of a more expensive phone. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account.

*You are eligible redeem your New Every Two benefit after fulfilling 20 months of your two year term.
*Your discount is applied to the 2 year discounted retail price of a new device. How to Get ItYou are automatically enrolled in our New Every Two program when you sign up for a two-year agreement on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. If you maintain service on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher and fulfill 20 months of your two-year term, you could potentially qualify for a free phone.
  • If your calling plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $50.00 toward the purchase of that phone.
  • If your calling plan monthly access was between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $30.00 toward the purchase of that phone.
  • When completing your New Every Two upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement for another two years on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. 
  • If you replace your handset at a discounted price before fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term, you will forfeit your New Every Two benefits and be automatically reenrolled if you meet the requirements of the program.

0 Likes
JohnInCalif
I am due for a new phone as well.  The Verizon rep said I could get a phone in April (not due for an upgrade until december) and I would get a $50 discount.  They said if I wait until my new every two upgrade time in December I would get the full $100.  Ask the CSR to verify the dates for you.  It might help.  :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
silver_knight
How can also transfer my dad's New Every Two credit to my line on our account? We are using the family plan. My dad has NE2, but i don't.  He just use a free phone, so I want to transfer NE2 to upgrade my phone with $50 discount.
0 Likes
cim0528
I'd like to know how to transfer credits to another line as well online. I can't find it anywhere nor did the customer service person I chatted with last night knew either. If anyone can direct me to this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
0 Likes
mnwildfan2k
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't believe you will find this info online. You can however go to your local corporate store, and process an "Alternate upgrade" this will allow you to use any available NE2 or upgrade eligible line to process equipment for another line on the account. This will effectively extend the contract on the eligible line, and when the other (ineligible line) phone becomes upgrade eligible, the line that initially had the credit can then do the alternate upgrade for their equipment.
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

The New Every Two is only on the primary line on an account. Secondary lines cannot receive a New Every Two credit. If the primary line is eligible to upgrade with the New Every Two credit the owner or Account Manager can do an alternative upgrade. That means they'd sign the contract on the New Every Two Primary Line and put the new phone on another line.

0 Likes