New Network Extender - Phone Not connecting to it. Now at 1x service or 3g only....
Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there.  I've been having dropped calls quite a bit.  Verizon hasn't been helpful at all at trying to resolve this so far.  Service outside the home is ok at 3 bars 4G.  Even had Verizon drive by the front of the house to check for service availability.  Had to buy an extender which I just set up yesterday after noticing numerous dropped calls from clients daily.  (most of the time I just get voicemail notifications.  No missed calls in my call log).  Text messages won't send/receive either sporadically. 

Wifi Calling drops too many calls as well as takes too long to connect sometimes, and call quality has alot of static sometimes over wifi.  Right now I'm sitting next to the network extender which says service active 7/14 satellites connected, 0/16 devices connected.  My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is at full wifi signal, and 1x service.  

Tried verifying the phone via #48, and says not connected (Welcome to Verizon Wireless, you are not 4G LTE Network Extender coverage.  It connected yesterday when I installed the extender, and worked great for a few hours.  I walked 10 ft away from it out of the room, and got disconnected from it.  Now it no longer connects to it.  Same with my wife's Iphone 10, and my mom's Kyocera flip phone.  

Re: New Network Extender - Phone Not connecting to it. Now at 1x service or 3g only....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a steady connection, Xight, even inside your home. I'm eager to assist you today. Please allow me to explain that indoor use is a challenge for all carriers. In a case like this, where the trouble is indoors only, generally the relevant factor is going to be proximity to cell site. Due to physics, radio frequencies get reduced penetration through solid materials and thus indoor signal is hampered when compared to outdoor signal. This is the reason you may notice a difference when stepping outside. Here's a short but helpful video that provides you with more detail about the different factors that can affect your service when indoors:

http://spr.ly/6182GTV6K

Many things outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance. This includes the following:

• Interference (concrete, brick, other building material)
  • Foliage
  • Construction
  • Population changes
  • Cell site changes (e.g., tower relocation, antenna alignment, power adjustment, etc.)

As no carrier can guarantee indoor coverage, we partner with our manufacturers to build indoor solutions such as WiFi Calling. To clarify, since phones now have Advanced Calling, a Network Extender is no longer needed. I recommend turning off the Network Extender and using WiFi Calling, as a comparison. Please review, and let us know how it goes with WiFi for both calls and data. 

ChristinB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: New Network Extender - Phone Not connecting to it. Now at 1x service or 3g only....
Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our phones are set to Wifi Calling as a preference over Mobile data.  And still have the same issue of not getting calls even with full signal.  My desk is where my wifi router is, as well as the window with the network extender.  I've tried it with regular Wifi, and 5Ghz freq wifi connections.  The calls come in sometimes, but many times I won't even get a missed call notification that goes straight to a voicemail.  

We get good data, even through the phone wifi, or mobile data.  The router gets approximately 225 Mbps Down and 10Mbps up.  The phones we have ave roughly the same speed when connected to wifi.  

The Wifi calls however do not come in clearly or don't ring at all.  Once we connect we often have dropped calls, even if we're in the same room as the wifi router.  

I bought the network extender because the Verizon rep has told me that was my only option after Wifi Calling failed.  So now you're telling me that I shouldn't use this Verizon LTE network extender that I just spent $250 on?  (which also doesn't work as it's not recognizing my phone 2 ft away from it)  It's currently sitting between 7-9 of 10 satellites connected, with 0 Devices connected and I'm sitting right in front of it.  

Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also tried turn off Wifi Calling and left advanced calling on.  Still no go, so far Verizon rep saying this new batch of extenders is not working with SKU ASK:SFE116

Rebooted phones, rebooted extender, rebooted router, rebooted modem.  

0 Likes
Kurtish99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a new Extender today and have the SAME issue... none of our 3 phones will connect to it...no one in Customer Service can seem to figure it out...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xight, we are here for you to help ensure that you can get the service you need. Please send us a Private Note so we can proceed. Thank you! 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your concerns are addressed as needed. Please send us a private message for review regarding your concerns. 

0 Likes
Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today the network extender connected all 4 of our household's phones.  I thought it was working correctly, but I'm still getting dropped calls.

Have 1 new voicemail (no missed calls notification).

1 outgoing call kept ringing, but the person on the other line answered, and couldn't hear me.  (it came back as an incoming call from him).  I had to hang up and call him, and we were finally able to connect.  

A couple phone calls today, I was fading in and out it for the first 15 seconds before it stabilizes.  I can't leave the room or it fades out even if I have direct line of site to the extender from the hallway.  

0 Likes
spasmati
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have nothing but trouble with this extender. Continuous errors on daily basis requiring reboots every day. What a waste of $250. This appears to be a common problem Verizon, are you going to address this issue on a wider scale?

Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far have a ticket out on this, but this box isnt working at all.  It connects at random sometimes and when it works it seems to work.  But connecting to it and maintaining connection seems to be impossible between the 4 phones we have in the household.   Right now none of the phones are connecting to it.   I now own a 250 dollar brick....