Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Phone Purchase
ralphstate1

Trying to buy a new iPhone from Verizon.  After completing the order and receiving confirmation, received an e-mail indicating that their fraud prevention unit needed to speak with me.  Included was a number to call.  This number sent me into an endless loop of alternatives (press 1 for....) but no alternative that allowed me to talk to fraud prevention.  Finally got a live customer "service" rep and after ten minutes of explaining what Verizon wanted, she tried to transfer me to the relevant unit.  After sitting on hold for five minutes, I was cut off.  For a wireless technology company, they seem structured to provide as little service as possible.

0 Likes
Re: New Phone Purchase
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

KerryC_VZW Hello, I apologize for the delays caused by our automated system. Have you been able to get in touch with our Fraud Prevention team since?

0 Likes
Re: New Phone Purchase
Tigerstep

Happened to me when I ordered my LG V30 years ago. I live in a state where tax was rolled into the 24 month plan instead of up front -- this was also before the scam that is the $20 fee for ordering it yourself existed.

My order was 0.00 so I used PayPal instead of digging out a card to pay this zero balance. Order was flagged and we had to call fraud because how dare I not want to enter in card information for a zero charge order.

Right now I'm waiting for an unlocked S20 to deliver from Amazon because I'm done wasting my time with getting a phone through Verizon.

0 Likes