Re: New Verizon Visa credit card for Auto Pay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GendoIkari,

These days, discounts are always appreciated, aren't they? I'd be reaching out as well regarding the Visa card's Auto Pay discount if I were in your shoes. Let's make sure this is all crystal clear. In terms of the fine print, you're right; this is referring to duplicating the doubling up on the discount, which can't be done. If you are already using your checking account, you won't be able to use the Visa and get double the discount. The link is simply stating that it's one payment source or another, which will provide you with the same Auto Pay discount structure.

Now, in terms of your account, we can't check on your discount here in the public forum, so I've sent you a Private Note with instructions on how to move forward with investigating your current Auto Pay discount. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you are receiving a $5.00 discount on an Unlimited plan now, this would be one of our Grandfathered plans. The current Unlimited Packages all have a $10.00 per smart phone line discount on them for the auto-pay discount. The 4GB plan is not eligible. As you inferred, the Verizon Credit Card is saying that this is the only Credit Card allowed to be used for the discount program. The new 5GB and 10GB plans will qualify for the auto-pay discount with this card as well. Here is a helpful link with information on these plans.

https://www.verizon.com/support/shared-data-plans-faqs/.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
Aramyth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nah, we don't want to use this credit card.  

We want to use the ones we already have. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Aramyth

The autopay and paperless billing discount can only be applied to credit card payments made with the Verizon credit card and not any other credit card. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Aramyth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lol.  Did you even read what I said?

I said, I WANT to use a credit card I already have.  

The fact you just accept that the only way to get it is with a Verizon specific credit card is ridiculous.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The autopay and paperless billing discount policy is quite clear. Only payments made with a checking account, debit card, and most recently a Verizon credit card qualify for the account to receive the discount. 

You can made the payments with another method, but you won't qualify for the discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aramyth, the only methods of payment accepted for our Auto Pay discount is debit/checking account or the Verizon VISA. These are the only eligible options at this time.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
cmcmillion803

Is there a way to set up auto-pay for my Verizon Visa? An auto-pay for my auto-pay?

0 Likes
Berly3

Extremely deceptive here by Verizon.

When I verbally discussed the unlimited program, I was told that you just have to enroll for auto pay.  No mention was made that it had to be via ach, or debit card only.  The Verizon credit card says you get $10 off monthly for each line.  The only reason I signed up for the Verizon credit card was to get the extra $10 off monthly per line.  I did not need another card.  I had been paying ACH the entire time, and I would have just used that for auto pay.  My expectation was that I would get the unlimted auto pay billing, and get another $10 off each line because I used the Verizon credit card.

Just a huge ripoff, trying to get you to use the card.   

Cancelling card, will just auto pay via ACH.  Do not like this deceptivness

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know getting accurate information is essential when it comes to our plans and discounts, Berly3. Our AutoPay discount with our unlimited data plans does require it being set up with your bank account or debit card and having paper-free billing enabled. For more exact details with this topic, please see the page below. https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes