Re: New Verizon Wireless Plans Effective August 13, 2015
MrsHatch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am turning our devices in at a corp store? How can that be a bad thing? Both phones have been in Otterboxes, screen protectors. I mean, I don't get your point.

0 Likes
MrsHatch
Enthusiast - Level 1

And, the rep explicitly said, turning in our phones isn't a 'trade in', we won't be getting an allowance for them.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You trade them in, not for money, but to satisfy an ETF and in turn you get a new phone. 

MrsHatch
Enthusiast - Level 1

And, how can our trade in get lost if we do this through a store? Does that happen? I know I have heard stories about it happening when people mail in devices!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, it happens.  After that rep takes your phone...that's it.  No recourse.  And still, it can get to the warehouse, and you can still get hit with a damaged device charge.  Otterbox or not.  that water indicator inside the phone...even moisture can trip it.

Weth
Legend

You think you are teaching us how this works, when in reality you are getting advice from people who really know how it works all  to well and all the things associated with Early Edge as you are doing. Your making many assumptions that have done in many members here.  At a minimum search early edge in these forums.  The phones are not returned until they get to a central location and are evaluated to see if they are in perfect condition and perfect working order.  Only then is it returned.  With payment plan, you can pay off after 1 day and upgrade if you want, the one year thing is no more. you may still need to keep service until the end of your current contracts. 

Weth
Legend

GZRX wrote:

Fresh off the new Verizon site, they have just priced me out of their service at end of my contract:

Current bill is 57.18 which includes UT&T + 1 Gb and a phone subsidy.

New pricing structure would be 1 Gb @ $30, line @ $20, and misc junk @ $7.18 for a total of $57.18

BUT, the old price included a phone subsidy which is now an additional $20 pricing me at a ridiculous $77.18 under the new structure.

Silly Verizon, back to prepaid will go I.

Remember you don't have to change your plan. 

0 Likes
MrsHatch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your assumption that I think I am teaching anyone anything here is

completely false and ridiculous. I don't troll the forums just to try to

get satisfaction out of proving my intelligence. I originally asked my

question because the article I read about the new plans wasn't specific to

my situation, then the information given out on these forums wasn't

consistent, either! I put out there what my situation is, what I am doing

with these changes, and that is it!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Sorry to try to help, good luck.  It was really all in your interest, I gain zippo. 

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...sheesh. 

MrsHatch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I appreciate all help I can get. But I am not trying to educate anyone from the view that I am superior on knowledge of these changes.  It is all confusing and I have zero doubt Verizon will benefit more than I will. But I have to find what I can tolerate to have the best coverage.

0 Likes