New forum doesn't seem to show what I've read.
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

As far as I can tell, the new forum software doesn't seem to show me which posts haven't changed since I last read them. The old platform showed new posts in bold, so all I had to do was scan down to find the last item that wasn't in bold to see where I left off last time.

I wouldn't expect the new software to know which items I read prior to the changeover.  But I just logged off and back on again, and there was no indication of the posts I'd read just prior to that.

Am I missing something, or is that function really gone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: New forum doesn't seem to show what I've read.
budone
Legend

No you are not missing anything.

However when you look at posts on the home page, (or in the individual sections) when you click on a post you have viewed before, you will be taken to the first post you have not read. Although I think you may need to set each section to be 'Followed' in order for this to occur.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Assuming you meant that if you click on a thread that you have read before that it will take you to the first unread post, how do you do this? I have never been able to make that happen in a Jive forum.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Budone I finally got on here with my Original screen name but i had to climb Hurtles to get here an i 'm still not sure if everything is the way i want it to be an i haven't figured out yet were to change the Color of the letters. I guess it'll be a working process like everything else is. B33   i do like the new smileys

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

B33 wrote:

Budone I finally got on here with my Original screen name but i had to climb Hurtles to get here an i 'm still not sure if everything is the way i want it to be an i haven't figured out yet were to change the Color of the letters. I guess it'll be a working process like everything else is. B33   i do like the new smileys

Click the advance Editor option on right corner and then select the option in photo to change font color..

untitled.bmp

RTFM wrote:

As far as I can tell, the new forum software doesn't seem to show me which posts haven't changed since I last read them. The old platform showed new posts in bold, so all I had to do was scan down to find the last item that wasn't in bold to see where I left off last time.

I wouldn't expect the new software to know which items I read prior to the changeover.  But I just logged off and back on again, and there was no indication of the posts I'd read just prior to that.

Am I missing something, or is that function really gone?

All you have to do is press the box next to the home option with the down arrow on it and scroll down to see you previous post...

Button.bmp

spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

I'm really missing the read/unread functionality as well.  I'm still messing around with the new features though, so I'll let you know if I can manage to rig anything up!

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I have not found a "previously read" feature on the new forums yet either.  Doesn't seem like a feature offered by Jive.

0 Likes