Nexus 7 using SIM from activation of iPad 4 device
geschinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have several users who have been unable to get a Nexus 7 activated on our Verizon account.  We know it works fine as if I swap the microsim from an ipad 4 the Nexus devices work fine.  If we have the users take the iPad 4 device in and purchase / activate a new SIM would there be anything wrong with then swapping it into the device we prefer to use?  From what it seems like Verizon should be ok with this per the agreement regarding spectrum.  Is there anything in the TOS from Verizon that can override what Verizon agreed to with the spectrum acquisitions that they will not deny, limit or restrict the ability of users to use devices of their choice?

In that same regard, is there any prohibition against activating multiple SIM cards for the same physical device? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 7 using SIM from activation of iPad 4 device
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The nexus 7 is not sold on verizon so therefore they do not have to support it. Therefore it doesnt violate anything. You cant have multiple sim cards active on a line. Verizon also does not sell sim cards or prepay sims. So unless your users want to go back and forth between the ipad and the nexus, look elsewhere for service on the nexus or buy jetpacks for them to get internet service. There is also wifi.

0 Likes
geschinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know they wouldn't provide support for the device. My question would thy try to do anything to my account if we use Nexus 7. It seems that with what Verizon agreed to in order to acquire the spectrum that there is no prohibition to using our own device. What I don't know is if they are honoring that agreement or not and that is what I want to confirm.

I understand you can't have multiple SIMs on a line, but what about a device...

Example...

Remove SIM from iPad, use in a Nexus 7 #1

Take iPad to VZ setup new line and new SIM card

Remove SIM from iPad, use in a Nexus 7 #2

Take iPad to VZ setup new line and new SIM card

Should that work or is there something from the device (S/N or anything else) that would prevent activating a second line of service using it as the device being activated in order to acquire the SIM?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No it wouldnt work because the devices serial number is tied to the actual telephone number. The system will realize that. The only thing I can think of is if you just opened new lines and got sims but that most limely will not work as there is no vzw device to tie to the line. The best people to ask would be business support. With lte theres the ability for example to get feedback from machines that have lines but I dont think they can do it from tablets. I may have misunderstood initiallyand if so I apologize.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know, but the OP's situation might be possible. They are getting separate lines for each Nexus 7 LTE tablet, but they are using the iPad as the go-between to allow for the activation of the SIM card for each line. Once the SIM card is activated and moved to the Nexus 7 LTE tablets, the iPad is no longer activated and associated with a line of service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes