Re: No Longer Grandfathering Unlimited Data Plan
Not applicable

Ha ha I am so glad you put Time Warner as first on that list. But that is another forum

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon can price their product and manage their network capacity however they see fit.  It's perfectly reasonable to discontinue unlimited data and use that capacity across more customers at 1GB, 2GB, 4GB per customer.  Verizon could have simply cut off all unlimited data on any given date.  Instead, they chose to price out many unlimited customers by discontinuing subsidized phones with unlimited data.  Again, a very reasonable policy.  My only hope is they will continue to offer unlimited data with no contract, full price phones, but I doubt it.  Anyone who does not like these policies could start a company of their own and price their product however they see fit.

0 Likes
Quelthalas

Atleast there's a loophole to the having to get rid of the unlimited data by not renewing my contract and going month to month or buying a phone @ full price. If I have unlimited 3G data and I buy a phone @ full price that is 4G, is the 4G data unlimited also?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You don't have unlimited 3G data.  You have unlimited data.

0 Likes
Quelthalas
Ok, thanks.
0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Its easy get a new phone at full retail just add a line for the new phone at discount and then supsend that line till your ready to cancel and pay the fees, and put that new phone on your unlimited line boom easy and you come out cheaper.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Quelthalas wrote:

Atleast there's a loophole to the having to get rid of the unlimited data by not renewing my contract and going month to month or buying a phone @ full price. If I have unlimited 3G data and I buy a phone @ full price that is 4G, is the 4G data unlimited also?

Yes if you pay full price for a 4G phone and you use to have a 3G phone etc. its still unlimited or whatever everyone is calling it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's not a "loophole," it's a policy.

0 Likes
DogPaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW, I have never seen such disregard for customer loyalty in a fortune 500 company. Just wait until subscribers start to jump ship next year and they have a couple of down quarters. You will start getting letters saying we want you back and Verizon will be forced to slash program pricing. The cell-phone subscriber market is starting to mature and without customer loyalty Verizon is going to be in for a tough ride. They are not the first to go down this road just ask Netflix. By then it will be too late as many customers will be locked into plans with other carriers.

I have been a Verizon customer for 17 years. In the past 4 years they have taken away my so called "VIP" status, free new phone connection and now my original unlimited data program. Looks like time to start shopping and working on an exit strategy for the 4 lines I have with Verizon. Thanks guys it has been fun.....................

Not applicable

I still have my unlimited data and unlimited hotspot.  They didn't take away anything.  It just cost a little more.  Losing a $400 subsidy over 24 or more months is not that big a deal.  Keeping my unlimited data is well worth the price.