No Service in Puerto Rico
SirGerman3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m currently on vacation in Puerto Rico and have absolutely no service on the island. I don’t understand why when PR is a US owned land and is considered by Verizon as a domestic land with LTE coverage.

I shouldn’t need to purchase a travel pass or any kind of international plan when my current plan already includes Mexico, Canada AND, get this, Puerto Rico!

What in the world, Verizon. Get this fixed already! I need my service to stay in contact with the people I’m traveling with. I’m not paying you over $200 a month for this garbage. 

Re: No Service in Puerto Rico
chrispr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is a joke - this issue with terrible coverage in PR has been going on for years now. AT&T and T-Mobile work perfectly and have 5G there though.  Verizon is behind.

0 Likes
WADD91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please make sure when you are in Puerto Rico, you turn your toggle on for “Cellular Data Roaming” because it will not work. This is if you have an iPhone. Please let me know if this works for you!

0 Likes
Arespaco

You mention turning on Cellular Data Roaming in PR.  Are there extra charges for this?

0 Likes
WADD91
Enthusiast - Level 2

There shouldn’t be. Puerto Rico is part of the US and I always had Verizon in Puerto Rico and never had an issue. Can you let me know if this works for you? I’d be more then happy to walk you around it if you need more guidance. 

0 Likes
WADD91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello All, please contact Verizon just to let them know you’ll be in Puerto Rico. Before leaving, make sure your phone is charged up. Also, go into your phones settings and make sure you have cellular roaming on (If you have an IPhone). Once you arrive, just turn your phone off for a few, then turn it on. You should be fine from there with data service between 3G and LTE 4G. I was sure fine with these instructions. Also note, if your in an updated plan, there are no roaming charges because you are in the US foot print. I never had any charges and I can verify this myself.

0 Likes
texasboyetl

I spent a week struggling to regain service while working on the power restoration effort. I was greatful that my colleagues allowed me to use their hotspots or else I would have been off the grid the entire time.

The Network Settings Reset did not work, Data roaming etc was on, restarting the phone didn't work... It was frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
WADD91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you call Verizon to enable the roaming features, and did you reach out to them to request roaming features to be added? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to learn of your experience, texasboyetl. It's important you have working service at all times. Are you currently experiencing any service issues? Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. -Danielle

0 Likes
texasboyetl

Danielle,

Greetings, It was an incredibly frustrating experience. I was on the island to support power restoration efforts and the use of my cell phone was essential. Out of all of my colleagues, I seemed to be the only one with Verizon that was unable to utilize the network, even though my phone showed a very strong signal. I am back in the states currently and my signal is working fine.

I will be traveling for a vacation to St. Lucia at the end of this month and will have International Calling in place, however, I am very worried that the same elusive issue with my service in Puerto Rico will present itself again.

Is there an issue with Samsung Fold 3 5G phones or 5G phones when using roaming networks?

0 Likes