No Service on Carthage Campus Kenosha WI
TerStone

We were at Carthage College in Kenosha Wi. They told us that there was very bad Verizon signal for the campus.  We had 3 different people with different phones and none of us had signal.  Is there any plan to improve service in this area?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Service on Carthage Campus Kenosha WI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carthage College is an excellent school. There are towers there but about three miles away. Did any of you have data roaming turned on? Verizon does not charge for data roaming so that would be worth checking into.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TerStone

We did not have data roaming turned on. I’ll try that when we go in a few weeks. Will this help with voice and text as well?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The college search sounds exciting, TerStone. Data roaming will only affect internet connection. What type of phone do you have as we can check other settings? Were these concerns indoors and out? Were the phones showing completely no service or fluctuating signal?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TerStone

We had fluctuating 1 or 2 bars outside. I didn’t try using it indoors as we were in conferences. When trying to text the messages did not send and trying to phone did not connect at all.

I am really concerned as my son will be attending in Sept and I would like him to have service.

My son and I both I have Galaxy S6

Thank you

0 Likes
TerStone

We were at the campus this past weekend and still have no service.  We did turn on Data Roaming and did not see any improvement.  I still need voice signal to be improved.  We had one conversation that dropped 3 times and he was outside. Smiley Sad

0 Likes