No Voicemail Notifications on S6
DonG61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since upgrading from an S4 to an S6 I am not getting a notification in the notification bar when a new voicemail message arrives. I do get a missed call notification but I have to dial in to voicemail to know if a message was left. I cannot find a setting to correct this. Any ideas???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Voicemail Notifications on S6
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Delete the cache, data, force stop restart and set up your voice mail app again and see if that helps. Also make sure the app is up to date.

0 Likes
DonG61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked in application manager under setting and I can't find an app that is related to voicemail.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you scroll to ALL under application manager? It usually only opens download only.

DonG61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I did find voicemail under all apps and did as you suggested and the visual voicemail notification and app popped up when I tested with a message. Problem is if I don't have data on there's no notification. Honestly, I really don't want visual voicemail. Is there a way to just use regular voicemail and get notifications the old way?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon is using visual voice mail as their regular way. You can still do it by pressing 1 in your dialer and calling your phone if you don't have it on hand.

0 Likes