No cell service
mgibson223

I live in a canyon and get 0 cell service at my house.  I have satellite internet service as cable is not available.  I tried a mini-tower but even though the phone shows 5 bars they do not work with satellite internet service.  I also tried wifi cell service.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No cell service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is DSL available from the phone company?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mgibson223

No DSL available, just AT&T land line.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And the AT&T land line can't support a DSL service?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mgibson223

Thanks for your response.  I checked with AT&T and DSL is not available at our house.  

Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mgibson223, Let’s work together to get you the best signal. How long have you had this issue? What zip code are you at? Are you having issues with calls, texts, data, or all? Is anyone else affected by this?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mgibson223

I moved to San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 7/31/15 and changed to Verizon.  The issue at my residence has persisted since that date.  I can get text service (although sometime, especially with attachment) texts fail.   I have never been able to make or receive cell calls at my home.  My uses a competitors cell service and has the same issues. 

Thanks so much for assisting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mgibson223, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this. We definitely want you to have access to the network you pay for every month. Are you experiencing these issues indoors and outdoors? What happens when you dial #832?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mgibson223

It happens indoors and outdoors.  I dialed #832 and it was successful.  The problem seems to be callers at the other end can not hear me.  We live in San Luis Obispo, CA in a canyon surrounded by mountains, although we are only a few miles from shopping, etc.  Feel free to call me at [Removed]

Thanks again for your help.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes