No coverage equals no help from Verizon. What to do?
someguynphx

We've had Verizon for years. Moved a couple times along the way. However, before we moved recently, we checked to make sure that there would be coverage at our new address. Was informed that service at our major metropolitan home would fine. Kept our phones the same until months after we moved initially. Some time later, we upgraded our phones but have had nothing but problems with failed calls. After several trouble tickets were made regarding service, we were told that engineering confirmed that there was a problem in our area and that they would be building a new tower but without a date in mind. Our calls fail both inside and outside our home. Verizon offered a network extender to help with the signal but they are adamant that we pay for it. Though it's at a reduced price, it's unacceptable to have to pay additional cost for service we're already paying for. We would prefer to get the extender at no charge, however the way we've been treated, we are considering requesting to be released from our contract. Aren't there laws that protect the consumer? What are our options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No coverage equals no help from Verizon. What to do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@someguynphx,

I appreciate your long time loyalty and definitely don't want to lose you.

I understand your concern. Having reliable service and being able to use your phone where you spend most of your day is a must!

Please keep in mind that we can not guarantee service indoors as many things can interfere with the signal. This is why the network extender was offer as an optional accessory to help boost the signal inside your home.

If you would like I can check the coverage in your area but would need some additional information. Please follow me and send me a direct message with your name an mobile number so I can access the account.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: No coverage equals no help from Verizon. What to do?
Tedda

MY wife and I have a similar problem, except we can't get service outside - even though the coverage map shows perfect coverage. Verizon "opened a ticket" and sent out a tech and said they'd get back with me in a month. They didn't but when I recontacted them after six weeks they said the tech said it was a "bad spot", both in our front yard and back yard. We used to get great signals a couple years ago, but it has now been 14 months with no service in or near our home in Leawood KS.

THe most frustrating thing is Verizon won't tell us why the coverage change dramatically, or whether it will ever be good again.

0 Likes